• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Engine too cold

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by TGApples, Oct 1, 2011.

1. TGApples

TGApples

Ratings:
    +0
    So I'm racing with auto-gears (keyboard... I need six fingers!), and I notice that my engine temp is always down. It's pretty much always blue during the race. I imagine this means I'll be down on power as well... is this just something I'm going to have to suffer with with auto gears? I imagine it's because they shift up a bit early and don't shift down early enough... spend a lot of time at low revs in the wrong gear on some corners. (For example: turkey turn 8... it like to go into 7th and tends to bog down massively off the exit)

I guess I could try manual again... at the moment I'm using WASD (so never riding the brake) and my second hand for KERS/DRS/status/menu. I could probably use the same hand that's doing all the throttle and steering on space/left shift... but it's starting to get a bit messy! All five fingers would potentially have to act within the space of a few seconds. Maybe I'll try the second keyboard on the floor for throttle/brake trick...