F1 2014 Engine Sounds - Torro Rosso

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
I know engines sound loike crap in f1 2014 but with torro rosso I don't only have the sound of a lawn mower but also a high frequent whistling-like sound. What is this and is there any mod to get rid of this?

Last edited:
Depends on how often you get the 'beep' I guess.

There is a beep when you have crossed the DRS line indicating that DRS is available to you. So you can open your rear wing. This would could happen once or sometimes twice per lap, depending on whether you are within 1 second of the car in front at the previous DRS sensing line. Some tracks have 2 DRS zones

Or .........

If simulated in this game for some teams (not sure if it is. and I've not tried Torro Rosso), it's a gear change beep, telling your to go up a gear.

In the real world some (or all?) teams get a beep in the headphones, telling them the best time to change up. Sometimes you used to hear the engineers on team radio saying something like "Sebastian follow the beeps", if the driver has not been changing gear at the ideal revs.

lol ..... then that's the sound of the turbo in the engine.

It's a real thing, because this year they changed engines to have turbo-boost, and also reduced the number of cylinders (8 to 6). It gives you more power out of a smaller engine.

I love the turbo whistle (in real life) :)

You can hear the turbo 'whistle' in the second half of this video. The old V8 (2013) engine sounds were beautiful though.

Last edited:
The STR does have a very strong whistling noise to it. I quite like it. But I find it odd that Red Bull, who are also using the Renault engine, doesn't have it at all. I don't think this reflects reality very well.
Well, the engine isn't the only thing affecting the sound. There's the exhaust as well. STR might be using the same engine as Red Bull, but they might have different exhaust systems. This is why the Williams's sound differs from ther Mercedes sound.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%