1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine rev speed?

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by VeloW, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Just curious, is it that quick in real formula trucks? The engine revs almost instantly, isn't it a big 12 liter diesel?
    Correct me if I 'm wrong :unsure:

Tried to find some vids, it looks like it is a bit more slow

• Like Like x 1
  2. With the amount of torque they have it means they can pick up crank revolution momentum from very low rpm. They have the same power as an F1 car and probably twice if not 3times the torque. So yes, it's very realistic that they rev this way.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Niels_at_home

Reiza Studios

As we don't have a turbo model available in the physics, the engine is always on 'quite some' boost, even when idling and then revving it, so it has more torque in these situations (and revs faster) than it would in reality. Also the engine rotational inertia plays a big role and that is something we have no hard data for, though the value we use seems on the high side at 10x a reasonably sized sporty car v8.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Thank you for that insight.

10x car v8 and still that quick response, amazing! It is F1 for trucks allright, those engines are impressive.
    So, I guess you guys found an optimal balance with that limitation. I take it increased inertia would disturb the other engine characteristics...

Anyhow, great job, driving and racing them feels great!