F1 2010 Engine mapping bug!

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
To prevent that other people gets as frustrated as I have been for the last weeks playing this game, I think that there should be a sticky thread informing about the engine mapping bug.

In short:
In order to get engine mapping = fast, you need to have it on standard in the garage, and change it to fast when on the track. If set to fast in the garage, it will allways be on standard (even if you change it to fast out on the track).

As I understand it, the bug is for all formats (PS3, XBox, PC) and also in all driving modes (TT, race, practice etc) I belive.

Engine mapping = fast is like getting +100ps. I would say you gain at least 1 sec per lap.
For example at Monza, if you run in standard and your ghostcar is on fast you are one full dot behind on the minimap allready at the first chicane.

Before I realized this, I was really frustrated. I hade some setups saved with engine = fast, and some with engine = standard (which I then changed out on the track). My performance on different tracks were so different from day to day. Sometimes, no matter how hard I tried, I was more than one second slower than the day before. Sometimes when doing minor changes in the setup, the car was all of a sudden much slower on the straights. Or faster. Nothing made sense. Until I found out about the bug.

I have not raced online, but if the bug is there as well, knowing about this bug, and you opponents not, would be like participating in the special olympics without beeing handicaped.

I discovered a similar bug.

I'm driving for Ferrari at the 4th season in the Career Mode. If I set the engine to fast in the Practice (during the race), it will still be in the fast position when I start the Qualifying. But the car keeps driving as it was on the standard position.
So, before I finish the Practice, I have to set it back to Standard. And the same in the Qualifying.

It just happened with Ferrari. And it happened in all races so far, at Silverstone.

I'm driving for Ferrari at the 4th season in the Career Mode. If I set the engine to fast in the Practice (during the race), it will still be in the fast position when I start the Qualifying. But the car keeps driving as it was on the standard position.
So, before I finish the Practice, I have to set it back to Standard. And the same in the Qualifying.

It just happened with Ferrari. And it happened in all races so far, at Silverstone.

Its similar because its the same bug

In short:
In order to get engine mapping = fast, you need to have it on standard in the garage, and change it to fast when on the track. If set to fast in the garage, it will allways be on standard (even if you change it to fast out on the track).

Same bug oh and to both of you, you dont need to go back to the garage, just set to standard when you come onto the track and back to fast problem solved.

Same bug oh and to both of you, you dont need to go back to the garage, just set to standard when you come onto the track and back to fast problem solved.

+1

Also remember a visual check when selecting maps in car, the drivers hand has to move the steering wheel switch to actually affect a map change - so if the hand doesnt move when you select 'fast', then as Andrew says, just put it back to 'standard' (hand will move the switch to 12 o'clock) and then back onto 'fast' (hand will move switch to 3 o'clock position).

Man-oh-man.. this gets confusing *lol* thankfully I was already aware of this bug from some time back when Fahad first posted about it. Nice tip on the hands motion check though.. wasn't aware of that and will check it out tonight. I need all the speed boost I can get so this is a biggie for me ;)

just out of curiosity does anyone know if the mapping bug still effects fuel usage?

i mean for example if you switch your engine to fast but it technically dosnt go to fast because of the bug are you still using the same amount of fuel as if you were on fast because you've have made the switch ?

I have also found that if I have changed it to Engine mode = fast whilst on track in practice and return to the pits with engine mode = fast. If I then save my car setup it saves it with Engine mode = fast. So when I load the setup again for quali or race and I leave the pits without checking, I leave with engine mode = fast (bug) and need to do the on track change back to standard, and then back to fast as Andrew explained.

Best tip is when you are on your 'in' lap in practice or quali, and you plan to save your current setup, change your engine mode back to standard before you get to your pit box.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back