F1 2012 Engine blowing up bug?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I cant even control when the engine smokes as i leave the pits either way its already smoking

Hey Scott,
You first materialised on the grass, why? While you were waiting to appear what were you doing? turning the wheel, pressing the accelerator? Wait till you appear before driving - you should not be materialising on the grass like that and you might be causing the engine problem without realising it - just a thought.
Second, when you next went out, of course you will still have the smoking engine, it is the same session, and you have already damaged it. You would have to change the engine or go to next session to fix it (or restart session).

This is crazy I cannot get through 4 laps in practice without blowing an engine. How the hell are we meant to acheive objectives Codemasters? Are you listening or now that you have are money you not bothered? I have stuck up for codies sooo many times now but its starting to feel like every year they release a Beta to us.

Please codemasters give us a decent response on this.

I've tried it, and after going of track and using a flashback my engine is smoking.
I've tried it with manual and auto gears and both times it's smoking.

The car info osd doesn't show the engine is getting to hot or it's damaged.
I hope codemaster is going to something about this.

I had an engine blow at Melbourne last night... But it was due to my own incompetence. I was sending a msg on the xbox and the game was paused. When i was done and I pressed continue i was almost at Turn 13 and dropped a gear right away, but the engine was at full revs in 7th gear. Full revs + throttle = BANG!

LOL - i was surprise by how quickly the car stopped though.... I was in the braking zone and i think the car stopped within 50 metres after the bang. That was a little unrealistic.

Mm, yeah, that's a pretty annoying bug. I'm firmly in the "casual" group, so I use auto gears and flashbacks (although I do 100% races), and it has appeared every single time. Just as I was getting the hang of F1 2012 as well, sigh.

Hey Scott,
You first materialised on the grass, why? While you were waiting to appear what were you doing? turning the wheel, pressing the accelerator? Wait till you appear before driving - you should not be materialising on the grass like that and you might be causing the engine problem without realising it - just a thought.
Second, when you next went out, of course you will still have the smoking engine, it is the same session, and you have already damaged it. You would have to change the engine or go to next session to fix it (or restart session).

Im not sure why i started o the grass, it kept happening so i recorded it after a few re tries

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back