rF2 Endurance Series @ Watkins Glen - Sat March 12th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Went in for first pit, left and immediately got a stop/go penalty... Had the limiter on the whole time, so don't know what that's about.

Engine overheated and cooked right after pit exit anyway. Why is that?

Have a look at the readme Garry it says you should switch engine off at pit stops, also you can have the limiter on but if you are in say 3rd gear you can roll down the hill faster than the speed limit.

The race event was okay (too bad I have gone for a one pitstop strategy).

Anyhow I think this event should have lasted longer to make it live up to its name. A 60 minutes race can hardly be called an endurance event. The old format of a 90 (maybe 120) minutes race used to be much better in my opinion.

And some drivers should reconsider their behaviour on the track. GT1 cars (for example) are not supposed to divebomb on, or bump GT2 cars aside from the racing line. The car classes don't matter at all. If you're not able to make a clean pass, just don't do it and wait for the next opportunity! Hitting the highbeam button countless times doesn't make the car in front of you slower too! Keep in mind that the lower classes are racing for their positions too, so don't expect them to make room for you in areas that are crucial for them aswell. Also, it's not a wise decision to start an overtake attempt when LMP cars are approaching from behind.

Thanks Ivo, Adam and RD for the Event which was nevertheless some fun! :)

This was nice event..

Had strategy of saving tyres and fuel for start.. look for places after

it worked well to round about 20min till end and there i had spin and some1 could not avoid me and hit me in the back, puncturing my tyre and collapsing my rear suspension on left side.. after that i limped back to pits and was there almoust for a minute, after that i was 12.. trying to catch anyone in front of me.. was gaining like a second per lap guys in front with my fresh rubber but always a little mistake and i spinned..

In the end i was 11th.. not bad considering how badly the Qualify went.. got only one good try really

i like Endurance racing and these cars much... too bad that lemans series here at RD is full

But was good racing there, thanks to all and RD

loves every bit of racing. wonderfull combi those cars and track.
During the race i spun the car in a blind corner and reversing it would probably cause mayhem on track so i had to DNF.
A shame but while it lasted i enjoyed every bit of it:).
Looking forward to race these events

thanks Adam for admin the race

Nikola i watched replay. I couldn't see any problem with you. If you say lights problem, everybody almost used those sometimes at race. I know the rules. I have to pass GT1s and GT2s clearly. I did it. I only use lights at sometimes for not happen an accident.
My little accident was about Tasker. Sorry for it, but i was backing to track from the grass. So i didn't see Tasker. Anyway race was so pretty and exiting for me. Thanks to all friends. See u at others...

It's OK Omer ;)
I just seen you coming up on me and I knew where and what I was supposed to do to let you thru safely, but then you started flashing them lights and I eased off in the fast S-turn, which made you come up a bit too closer to me then what I've expected. My predictions were that I simply had to stay on the right side coming out on the long straight. Instead I had to dive left on the last part of the S-turn.
No biggie, I understand that sometimes slower cars forget to watch their mirrors, but that's not the case with me ;)

hope so would be cool to have one,2hrs at daytona, suzuka, spa, stanbul park,all good tracks

np omar it happens, tbh i was happy with this race i didnt spin or go of track once,

marcel i was glad to see you pit though,lol wish i had used softs though as just didnt have he pace to stay with you and battle

I had excellent fun during the race, we definitely have to do it again, I love the Porsche rs spyder like it's my child. Hopefully we can get a better formation lap going. I was surprised to see I had qualified 3rd in class especially on a ps3 controller. I was doing quite well until I spun into the pits early on in the race, causing me to get a speeding penalty and a stop and go. That really killed it for me but I managed to fight my way back to 4th and catching 3rd place. I am very much looking forward to the next race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back