Endurance Series rF2: New Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
22228286832_4e54177da6_o.jpg

Further to the upcoming release of the highly anticipated EnduRacers and Gentlemen-Racers Endurance Series rFactor 2 mod, the team have released several new screenshots showcasing the new Ligier JSP2, Gibson 015S and Oreca 03

Following on from their highly successful rFactor 1 mod, EnduRacers announced back in May the intention to bring the detailed mod to the new rFactor 2 platform. Working in partnership with Gentlemen-Racers the mod aims to faithfully reproduce a number of vehicles from the GT and LMP class of endurance racing, with models from Oreca Zytek, Aston Martin, BMW, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Porsche, Ligier and Gibson confirmed to be in development already. Judging by the attached screenshots it appears that development is already well underway with the majority of these cars.

Additional to the proposed LMP and GT cars, the team have already confirmed a future release of their Flat 6 Series mod, a reproduction of the Porsche Cup including liveries from various series that run across the world.

It is worth noting here that the new rFactor 2 mod will not be a port of the original rFactor 1 version but will be created from scratch to meet the latest standards available within the sim. It is expected that the mod will contain all the latest rFactor goodies such as chassis flex and the latest tyre model.

It is believed that the Flat 6 Series modification will be released before the first version of the Endurance Series mod. No release date has been given for Flat 6 or the V1 Endurance mod. It is expected that updates containing addition content will be added as part of a service pack structure much like the original version.

RaceDepartment plan to run Season 7 of the RDLMS series once released and suitably tested. More information on how you can enter a team for this series can be found on the RDLMS page of this forum.

22053333428_9affae337c_m.jpg 22054217199_158063c9d5_m.jpg 22241080415_756b82fe9a_o.jpg 22241081475_281f094447_m.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Over to you!

Are you excited to try the new EnduRacers mod? Did you try the original and if so, what are you looking forward to most with the new release? Leave your comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, in my experience rf2 runs like complete arse. 650ti with 3.4ghz phenom and I can't hold 60fps at the back of the grid unless I lower the settings to the point where gtr2 looks like a beauty queen in comparison. Right now rf2 is my main sim but the performance is the worst I've seen in my 15 years of pc gaming, when you actually compare what you get (visually) to how it runs.

As for the mod - I can't wait, I just hope it will be well optimised. There are cars in rf2 that flat out kill my rig despite my rig having hardware newer than rf2 itself.

Well, in my experience rf2 runs like complete arse. 650ti with 3.4ghz phenom and I can't hold 60fps at the back of the grid unless I lower the settings to the point where gtr2 looks like a beauty queen in comparison. Right now rf2 is my main sim but the performance is the worst I've seen in my 15 years of pc gaming, when you actually compare what you get (visually) to how it runs.

As for the mod - I can't wait, I just hope it will be well optimised. There are cars in rf2 that flat out kill my rig despite my rig having hardware newer than rf2 itself.
I ran the demo fine with a i3 2100 and a HD 7850 (1gb), 42 cars, most settings on High, even with rain. But I think it can be much better with proper tweaks. I used Radeon Pro.
If this helps you in any way

I have amodest rig, an AMD 3.2 Ghz 6 core and an MSI 7850 GPU. It runs just fine.
Depending on the track and graphic settings I have had as much as 200fps.
Last night with 26 cars on the Norschliefe and treating myself to some extra levels visual suff like road reflection and shadows I got 70 fps even on the grid at the start. From there it went to 100.

You can tweak it to get great FPS or stunning visuals. To get both I guess you need good hardware.

I used the tips mentioned above and Pheon II x3 @3.3ghz (had to lower it for stability) and 650ti gives me between 60-80fps, never more than 20 cars on track, otherwise I can't keep my fps above 60 in the first 2 laps. And again, I have to lower the visuals to an absurd level, where GTR2 looks on par with rfactor 2. 200fps is unreachable on almost any track/car combination regardless of the level of graphical fidelity. I don't know what the hell is going on, but it runs terribly on my system. Maybe it requires more than 4GB of RAM, but judging by the windows task manager it doesn't seem to be a problem, besides, with the way rfactor 2 looks it should run on a toaster.

I used the tips mentioned above and Pheon II x3 @3.3ghz (had to lower it for stability) and 650ti gives me between 60-80fps, never more than 20 cars on track, otherwise I can't keep my fps above 60 in the first 2 laps. And again, I have to lower the visuals to an absurd level, where GTR2 looks on par with rfactor 2. 200fps is unreachable on almost any track/car combination regardless of the level of graphical fidelity. I don't know what the hell is going on, but it runs terribly on my system. Maybe it requires more than 4GB of RAM, but judging by the windows task manager it doesn't seem to be a problem, besides, with the way rfactor 2 looks it should run on a toaster.
rF2 only "looks" like this because it lacks all the pp effects other sims have but the models are just as heavy as the other sims and putting together the physics engine then it becomes really heavy :whistling:
So no, it won't run on a toaster.
Yes 4gb RAM is not enough, I have 8 and already feel I should go for 12 at least.

rF2 only "looks" like this because it lacks all the pp effects other sims have but the models are just as heavy as the other sims and putting together the physics engine then it becomes really heavy :whistling:
So no, it won't run on a toaster.
Yes 4gb RAM is not enough, I have 8 and already feel I should go for 12 at least.
This really isn't in any way true...the official models are all lower quality (both cars and tracks) than in other current sims, the textures are all much lower res and less realistic, the color palette is iffy, and the shaders aren't very good....it looks like it does because it's worse, not because it's lacking "PP effects"

This is livestream of a 2 hr 15 min race at the Nordscheliefe. 26 cars.
Driver swaps, damage, tyre wear it had a lot of drama.
I honestly dont know if the graphics are good or bad but I ended in a literal lather of sweat, needing to change my shirt after probably the most immersive race I have ever had.
Its better than good enough for me. If its not good enough for you, I respect your right to your opinion but I dont share it.
Race start is at about 2hrs 5 mins.

Its better than good enough for me. If its not good enough for you, I respect your right to your opinion but I dont share it.
I'm not saying those graphics look bad, I personally don't have a problem with them, they look servicable and that's good enough. The problem is that graphics like this should not be getting 45FPS on my rig. When I actually set the settings to get stable 60FPS, rf2 looks genuinely worse than GTR2. Of course you don't share my opinion, the game doesn't look like software from early 2000s on your machine.

Last edited:
As far as the way rF2 looks, I am a bit disappointed, yes. But the feel is amazing. I think the fact that rF2 got off to a rather rocky start(ffb etc...) drove some people to look elsewhere. I know that some of the really talented and active modders from rf1 went to Assetto Corsa. I my self waited quite a while before purchasing rF2. I would hope that as the game continues to improve, people(modders) will give it a second look. Who knows exactly how good it will end up looking. The demo was good enough to induce me to buy the game. The full blown game has made me a full-on, self avowed rF2 fanboy.

The problem is that graphics like this should not be getting 45FPS on my rig. When I actually set the settings to get stable 60FPS, rf2 looks genuinely worse than GTR2. Of course you don't share my opinion, the game doesn't look like software from early 2000s on your machine.

rF2 is doing a hell of a lot more than GTR2 is doing. Just like rF1 back in the day, it really needs recent hardware rather than hardware that was suitable for the previous generation of sims.

I agree. Must meet the recommended requirements or expect poorer results than is possible!

RECOMMENDED System Requirements (rF2)
– 3.0 GHz Intel i5 or 4.0 GHz AMD FX or better
– Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, with latest Service Packs.
– 8GB RAM
– nVidia GTX 760 or AMD 7870
– 2GB Video Memory

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%