Endurance Series rF2: New Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
22228286832_4e54177da6_o.jpg

Further to the upcoming release of the highly anticipated EnduRacers and Gentlemen-Racers Endurance Series rFactor 2 mod, the team have released several new screenshots showcasing the new Ligier JSP2, Gibson 015S and Oreca 03

Following on from their highly successful rFactor 1 mod, EnduRacers announced back in May the intention to bring the detailed mod to the new rFactor 2 platform. Working in partnership with Gentlemen-Racers the mod aims to faithfully reproduce a number of vehicles from the GT and LMP class of endurance racing, with models from Oreca Zytek, Aston Martin, BMW, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Porsche, Ligier and Gibson confirmed to be in development already. Judging by the attached screenshots it appears that development is already well underway with the majority of these cars.

Additional to the proposed LMP and GT cars, the team have already confirmed a future release of their Flat 6 Series mod, a reproduction of the Porsche Cup including liveries from various series that run across the world.

It is worth noting here that the new rFactor 2 mod will not be a port of the original rFactor 1 version but will be created from scratch to meet the latest standards available within the sim. It is expected that the mod will contain all the latest rFactor goodies such as chassis flex and the latest tyre model.

It is believed that the Flat 6 Series modification will be released before the first version of the Endurance Series mod. No release date has been given for Flat 6 or the V1 Endurance mod. It is expected that updates containing addition content will be added as part of a service pack structure much like the original version.

RaceDepartment plan to run Season 7 of the RDLMS series once released and suitably tested. More information on how you can enter a team for this series can be found on the RDLMS page of this forum.

22053333428_9affae337c_m.jpg 22054217199_158063c9d5_m.jpg 22241080415_756b82fe9a_o.jpg 22241081475_281f094447_m.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Over to you!

Are you excited to try the new EnduRacers mod? Did you try the original and if so, what are you looking forward to most with the new release? Leave your comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what you're saying but I think it's a good thing that they are developing exclusively for rF2. It generates some competition and convinces people to move to ISI's platform.
1 mod won't make me move to rF2 for a few reasons.
1) I don't like how you have to buy online subscription every year or pay a big sum for unlimited. That's not how it should work personally.
2) It wouldn't run well on my system
3) It's still in development and isn't complete meaning that there are things I don't like about the game like UI.

Therefore I'm not willing to pay when other titles do just as good of job simulating racing for a cheaper price with more mods and cars and tracks available.

1) I don't like how you have to buy online subscription every year or pay a big sum for unlimited. That's not how it should work personally.
3) It's still in development and isn't complete meaning that there are things I don't like about the game like UI.

Therefore I'm not willing to pay when other titles do just as good of job simulating racing for a cheaper price with more mods and cars and tracks available.

The final decision to convert the EnduRacers mod to another platform should be from EnduRacers... If you want a SCE version and want it to be done propperly... Ask EnduroRacers...

Last edited:

1) I won't go there again...
2) A good reason not too, not many people admit to having low end systems incapable of running games so good on you for that!
3) This is where you need to realise what's happening with RF2, it is ALWAYS in Constant Development. If you're waiting for it to be 'finished' per se then you'll be waiting a long time. Plus if you judge a game on the UI then your priorities are a little strange, after all you spend more time on track than looking at an outdated UI, yes it's not the best but it does a job

The point is the actual gameplay is where it rules the day......don't judge a book by the cover, don't judge RF2 by the UI ;)

My advice, if you ever upgrade then get the Demo, if you decide to buy it to check out more mods/tracks then you have a 7-day Refund policy if you don't like it, it's a no brainer!

@Chark if you're left wanting for a better GT3 mod you can try to buy the EGT mod from that one modding group, forgot their name. I believe they also have the Corvette C7R. It's the one being used in the VEC.

I don't think you guys have to argue what is close to what and what is not.

Fact: GTE cars are not GT3 specificied cars or with GT3 specifications.
Fiction: Saying "not so much".

See here to take a look at the difference. Don't want to? Let me tell you what are the differences (based upon the article linked before).

GTE is the former FIA GT2 class, class that ceased to exist in 2011. After this cease, they decided to rebrand the class name to GT Endurance, and it is today the highest degree of GT racing. These cars have to be close to their road counterpart, making them legally homologated. To be considered fully legal, it will depend on the production difference from their car makers.

Example: for the 458 GTE be considered legal to GTE, Ferrari has to at least build a 458 per month. A 'Vette C7.R needs GM/Chevrolet to be able to build the car at least once a week.
They have to be at least two doors and have a two or 2+2 seating configuration. The engine does not needs to be the same one offered by the brands, but usually that is not the case. Car materials like titanium, carbon fiber and magnesium must not be used on outside parts.

ALL cars must be RWD and the TC can be engine based. And since this is used in LeMans, all cars (in nod to the old days) must have a 150L luggage space. And the cost for simply 1 car is nearly $800,000

GT3 class is the second highest class in GT racing, behind GTE albeit it is the most popular division in GT racing. Here the cars can have any kind of modifications (engine, chassis, consturction or layout) as long they based in a car that is built in mass production. The car cost is lower: $300,000-$350,000.

Is easy to get confused because most of the GT3 cars here have a counterpart in the GTE division (Porsche 911, Aston Martin Vantage, Ferrari 458, Ford GT, BMW Z4 or M3/M6, Lamborghini Gallardo or Huracan, SRT Viper (or just Viper) SRT).

Thanks @Lorenzo Bonder , I knew there was a difference but never bothered to check what it was, since that category doesn't interest me so much. But that was a very interesting read, so thanks.

For me though, I wouldn't care if it was GT3 or GTE, they feel the same for me.

1) I won't go there again...
2) A good reason not too, not many people admit to having low end systems incapable of running games so good on you for that!
3) This is where you need to realise what's happening with RF2, it is ALWAYS in Constant Development. If you're waiting for it to be 'finished' per se then you'll be waiting a long time. Plus if you judge a game on the UI then your priorities are a little strange, after all you spend more time on track than looking at an outdated UI, yes it's not the best but it does a job

The point is the actual gameplay is where it rules the day......don't judge a book by the cover, don't judge RF2 by the UI ;)

My advice, if you ever upgrade then get the Demo, if you decide to buy it to check out more mods/tracks then you have a 7-day Refund policy if you don't like it, it's a no brainer!
Thanks you have clear enough points. The UI thing is just an example of all the little things wrong which will get fixed I have no issues with that :) If I could run it well and it wasn't a weird subscription scheme then I would probably already have it.

Pay a big sum
What a few dollars more then AC + DLC for life
Offline rF2 is cheaper then AC / pcars ........ ?

2. Any PC runs AC or pCars well runs rF2 well ?

3. Development is a big word.
Do you want a pretty UI or the best physics chassis and tyres.

Pay a big sum
What a few dollars more then AC + DLC for life
Offline rF2 is cheaper then AC / pcars ........ ?

2. Any PC runs AC or pCars well runs rF2 well ?

3. Development is a big word.
Do you want a pretty UI or the best physics chassis and tyres.

I can't run AC that well to be honest. I know my requirements so I don't need to be lectured on it.
Cheaper for offline? Who plays offline these days?
Development is a big word a whole 11 characters big.
I want it all but rF2 isn't the "best" at either as you say.

I don't see why this has sprung to how rF2 is better than every other sim out there when my points were why can't we get an updated endurance mod for other games? Nothing worse than twisting people words.

GT3 class is the second highest class in GT racing, behind GTE albeit it is the most popular division in GT racing. Here the cars can have any kind of modifications (engine, chassis, consturction or layout) as long they based in a car that is built in mass production. The car cost is lower: $300,000-$350,000.
More like $400,000-$500,000...The Viper GT3R's starting price is 450k, close to 500k with extras.

Also you (and I guess the writer of the article) kinda got GT3 and GTE mixed up....GT3 allows very few modifications to the road car in comparison to GTE (which effectively shares nothing with the road car).

Regarding GT3 and GTLM/E engines: "To be equipped with an engine used in a production car and made in a quantity of at least 300 units." - both have the same rule

Last edited:
Then blame the article @mclarenf1papa, not me. If you see, I've used the article as full basis. There can be inconsistencies or incorrections, sure I'll admit (I do really think that the GT3 compared to GTE you can't do full modifications).

However,I'm not wrong in the values. Some cars might differ in price range, yeah. Like the Blancpain Audi R8 is nearly $475k, but that is top tier market. And yes, again, you can acquire a race gt3 for $350k, but it won't be as top tiered like the Blancpain Series' or ADAC Masters. You'll most likely run those cars in small budget GT3 cups around America or the globe.

@Thomas Alderton

The full blown game runs better than the demo. I have a core2, 3.3ghz system. With a little bit of tweaking, I can start at the back of a 22 car field with an easy, steady, 60fps frame rate. As I work through the field frame rates will climb as high 120-160. I used to be a major fan of GSCEx ; love rF1, GTR2, GTL, GP4, NR2003 etc, but once you have driven rF2, you realize that you have been pushing paper cut-out cars around a card table with the eraser end of a pencil for the last ten years. After purchasing rF2, I took one of the historic F2 cars out for a test spin - just by swatting the gas pedal, I realized that I was in a different galaxy. The feel of rF2 is miles ahead of anything that has come before. I can't speak about Assetto Corsa - never tried it(only the lame demo that is out). When I purchased rF2, I figured that I would run 10 -14 car fields, maybe even only use it as a "Hot Lapper" until I could up grade my rig. I am blown away by how smoothly the full blown game runs on my little rig. Post your specs, lets have a look, and maybe you can experience the absolute joy of driving Rf2.

All the best,

FraPP!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back