Endurance races tracks suggestion

Given the recent success of the long race @ Spa and what it is looks already as a popular Paul Ricard event, I am starting to plan a June enduro event. Once again I would like it to be something around 3+ hours. Let's hear your guys format suggestions (cars/tracks/other rules). Remember because of Evo limitation we have to pick tracks that are around ~2mins/lap.
Right now my short tracks list:
  • Sepang
  • Nurburgring Endurance Layout 2008
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife 2008
  • Istanbul
  • Dubai
  • LeMans 77
  • RoadOne
  • Rouen Les Essarts
  • Zhuhai
  • Barcelona
  • Monza
  • Interlagos

Cars are the usual GTs.

Interesting, Stefan. I didn't know that. But if it can cause some sort of crash or something, I don't think it worths it. Anyway, good to know.

And btw you brought up some MAJOR issue in endurances. The giving up in the middle of the race thing... I loved when I saw that warning in the next super enduro about the if you can't hadle, please don't even start!. We know that there are some ocasions that are impossible to continue, but to give up when you simply lost your front bump or when you had your suspension damaged, this is unacceptable!!!! Especialy when we have reserves!!!

I really hope we can have like 6 cars finiching from each class at least...

TBH I might take a look at why some people withdraw at Paul Ricard. If it is unjustified I might choose not to let them sign up in future events of this kind.
That would be awesome, Eric!!!! I think that's important for this kind of event. I love to see everyone race and having fun, but when 50% of the drivers don't finish the race, it makes a lot less fun for the ones that finish it.

My first enduro race was in Nordschleife. A great track, but you need time to practice, because it's a really dificult one. 20 started, 12 finished and I was the last one of them. But what impressed me was the fact the the 2 last ones (that I overtook about 2 laps to the end of the race) gave up just because they couldn't catch me nor catch each other. That's not the spirit here!!!!

I agree totally with you Aritan. I finished 2 laps down at spa, without much incident. It aggravates me to no end when ppl drop out because of a suspension damage or losing their front splitter. I, for one, have finished sprint and enduro races with lots of damage, coming close to hearing the famous - "damage is not repairable" quote, when I get close to that, I tend to rethink my strategy and try to finish, albeit 1 or more laps down, at least I finished and that is the true spirit of enduro racing. When we had the Le Mans race before the RDGTC league, I finished 8th out of 25, 5 or 6 laps down and MAJOR damage, but I finished and that is the point. Some of the dropouts from SPA were for irrepairable damage, but some were because they couldn't be in first place, aggravating. Someone has to finish first and someone has to finish last, that's all there is to it.
On the point of having 3 classes with 8 drivers each? I like, no LOVE, the idea. Close racing between your class and who knows, you might even beat someone in the class in front of you? This has me hoping for a great race with the ablility to try to stay close to my competitors (although, each class has its plus and minus points). I think it needs to stay 3 classes, we haven't run like this yet and it would be a good test to see how it ends up...
I do agree with Eric as well, those that drop becuase they aren't in first, should not be allowed to re-enter another enduro race. For me, I will finish the race even if I have to limp across the finish line missing body parts. But the time frame seems to allow for damage to get fixed along the way. 1 lap or 15 laps down, I will finish this one. On a side note, seems like I drive the car better with a damaged suspension, weird, I know, but somehow I manage and it doesn't bother me if I'm at the back of the pack, I'm there and that is what matters. Good racing with Good People...Looking forward to this one and have already cleared that day from my schedule. If I do crash out, I'm not leaving the server if I do, I will stay and watch from my pit garage cheering on those still on the track!

My $.02!

@ Tim
I think we MUST stick with 3 classes at Paul Ricard. I'm just saying that maybe that's another option in the future enduros. And btw, I LOVE the idea of 3 classes too!!! I just don't like that much the idea of 8 cars/class. :)

@ Bram
I love Nordschleife too!!! I only think that Nord can scare some people. And there's another thing, I don't think it's a good track to overtake. But anyways... :)

• Matt Crouch

I would have agreed with that when I first tried it in GRID Bram - mainly because GRID was a ridiculous game - but after trying it since then, specially in the GTL cars I personally think it's a pretty decent track which is quite challenging. And the speed down the straight can be immense

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back