rF2 Enduracers @ Sebring - Saturday 12th of November 2016

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well, that didn't go well. I scheduled two hours for practice, but about 75 minutes of this was needed to set up the fresh install and solve performance, stuttering, controller and sound issues. That the game sometimes chooses to not remember settings and the fact that some settings take literally minutes of loading screens to get to didn't help either.

45 minutes of practice wasn't enough to get the pace I wanted, although the mod proved to be a joy to drive once everything was set up. Unfortunately I punted @Martin Vindis during the race before spinning out shortly after. I am sorry that I derped out that way. In a twisted play of fate my car came to stand right before a wall and I could not get the gearbox to select reverse (Maybe P2s don't have that?), so that was the end of the race for me.

At least my rFactor2 install is now sorted and I can join the next event with this mod, hopefully with a nicer race result.

Well, that didn't go well. I scheduled two hours for practice, but about 75 minutes of this was needed to set up the fresh install and solve performance, stuttering, controller and sound issues. That the game sometimes chooses to not remember settings and the fact that some settings take literally minutes of loading screens to get to didn't help either.

45 minutes of practice wasn't enough to get the pace I wanted, although the mod proved to be a joy to drive once everything was set up. Unfortunately I punted @Martin Vindis during the race before spinning out shortly after. I am sorry that I derped out that way. In a twisted play of fate my car came to stand right before a wall and I could not get the gearbox to select reverse (Maybe P2s don't have that?), so that was the end of the race for me.

At least my rFactor2 install is now sorted and I can join the next event with this mod, hopefully with a nicer race result.

It seems to get reverse you have to engage neutral first so I have an n button mapped :)

Had great fun fighting for 2nd to last position with @Roy Magnes but I ran out of fuel right at the end of the back straight!
Made to the checked flag by coasting in neutral all the way though.

Nice race, too bad over half the field dropped out.

About the mod, it looks and sounds good but still so much weird stuff going on:
rears keep sliding, whatever is done to the setup (shouldn't happen in a p2 car)
car turns into the grass as soon as you touch it
the front splitter colides with the kerbs sometimes, which causes my wheel to go crazy

Mod is fun to drive, but I wouldn't want to do a league with it.

Just found the reason why i wasn't competitive with the GTE car, there are different engine boost levels O.o ... how is a pleb supposed to know this and the entire event i thought wow these bmw are rubbish.
Overall an enjoyable race nevertheless, finished p12 and didnt get lapped by the leading GTE car.

Any advice on how to make the steering feel less floaty? I raced for about half an hour before I threw the towel in due to lag issues (mostly on my end I think) and FFB issues. I'm using a Thrustmaster TX for reference. Other cars in RF2 have seemed fine..

Any advice on how to make the steering feel less floaty? I raced for about half an hour before I threw the towel in due to lag issues (mostly on my end I think) and FFB issues. I'm using a Thrustmaster TX for reference. Other cars in RF2 have seemed fine..
Pretty sure there's nothing you can do. Seems like it's a feature of the mod.

What car(s) did you try? I only tried the GTE Aston and Porsche.

Race was good. Hadn't played rF2 in a long time. Jumped in the aston martin by the end of practice so just went 1 click down on the rear wing, put on mediums (decided not to gamble with the softs, since didn't have time to practice) and gas for 25 laps. Saw some spins at the beginning, had great battles too. When the time to pit came, I overshot my pit box and could not engage reverse. Had to high up the revs and do a 180 turn go in the wrong direction, do another 180 turn and, finally, put soft tires and fuel for the rest of the race. Too much time lost. Second leg of the race was really good, recovered some of the places lost while at the pits.
Like @ionONE1 I didn't know there was an engine boost mode neither.:mad:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years