rF2 EnduRacers @ Le Mans - Monday 19th June 2017

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Really sorry about crashing into you @iZodiaak tried to take the corner a little too fast trying to stay out of your way when you were lapping me, but lost the car just as you were passing me :(

Phew. That was a very lonely (but fun) race! :)

I do feel that people should be more aware of chatting during qual and race though. No matter the frustrations, there is nothing gained by causing issues for others as well :)

Great event @Joseph Wright !! With my slow pace I am happy that you didn't have a livestream :D

Anyone have cpu issues?
This race highlighted problems with mine but loadsa people spun out at the start and were saying about ffb issues.

My cpu was practically undriveable. Upgrade urgently needed. ;-(

This was a very good race, the start was very clean, at least for me and driver surrounding me, after the field spread out a bit i ,ade some mistakes, however i was ale to recover and had some very interesting battles. This race was very usefull to get some more experience lapping gt cars, they were also very helpfull and and made everything very easy :thumbsup:

Overall it was a very fun and helpfull race, one of the best events i took part in the club races :thumbsup:

By the way, is there any chance to watch the replay of the stream? is it on RD's youtube channel?

Apologies to the people affected by my erratic driving on lap 1 and 2. It seems that when using VR (I'm guessing, never had that problem on a flat screen) sometimes you get no force feedback after leaving pits or at the start. I forgot to map the reset FFB button and made a stupid decision to 'wing it'. It doesn't help that I suck at prototypes. Shame, I love P2 class but I think next time I'm just gonna have to stick to GT. Quick corrections are something that just doesn't come easily for me.

Hope everyone had a good time regardless. I'm definitely gonna need more practice driving in VR. I am incredibly intimidated by taking corners at fast speed. In VR something makes me doubt that the car is going to hold on and not lose grip. Didn't have that problem in 2D, or at least not to such extent.

BTW: We might need some sort of rule for not leaving/joining during quali. I don't know if it's a recent bug, but I've never experienced such horrific server stutters as today when people were going in and out of the server. Crashed me out twice during qualifying. .

This was my first online race to speak of, my goal was, not to finish last and learn as much as possible.

Qualifying went well and I was happy with my time and my goal look possible but my race was over after 30s, My car got badly damaged in the pill up at the start of the first lap, The next time I went hard on the brakes I lost control and damaged the car even more and received a penalty for cutting the track. Then I couldn't fix my car because I hadn't mapped the keys for the pit menu. I did try pitting a few times hoping that my car would be fixed. I kept losing control when braking and getting time penalty's and I ended up being suspended

I did enjoy this event and I'm happy with what I learned, obviously disappointed with the way the race went for me, but these things happen and I'll put it down to experience, and look forward to the next race

I would appreciate any suggestions or tips that you may have.

Man, I got home to have a nap before the race, but ultimately slept through it, gutted I didn't make it. Would've been some good practice for the big one this weekend!
Anyhoo: About the stuttereing. Someone mentioned that they crashed out during qually. Should def be a rule in rf2 that you HAVE TO join in practice. Because in rf2 i believe anyone will stutter just a tiny bit(atleast) when someone joins or leaves. For me, it does not make me crash, but it does affect my lap-time. The car essentially freezes on track for 0.2s and that will ultimately reflect on the laptime. It's something that's really been annoying me on the RDLMS practice servers, but unfortunally I do not think there is any solution other than studio 397 getting their act together in regards to fixing these stuttering issues. (I'm running DX11, and it's a huge improvement over DX9 that had MAJOR freezes and crashes, and even bigger issues with stuttering when people join and leave a server).

Would any of you other GT racers be willing to share your setup with me?
Mostly ran a default setup with some changes to gearing, but would like to try with a proper setup

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back