Enduracers Flat 6 Version 4.0 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Updated to DX11 standards and benefiting from new physics, talented rF2 modding team Enduracers have released a new version of the awesome Flat 6 mod for rFactor 2...

Following something of a long development period behind the scenes, it is now finally time to download the major new update to the already very enjoyable Flat 6 mod for rFactor 2. The new update brings the cars to DX11 standards, including compatibility with the new rF2 'Rain Build' released just before Christmas, as well as adding a considerable reworking of the physics behind the scenes, including the use of CPM tyres for the very first time.

Check out the full change log below...

Flat6 Series rF2 - build 4.00
  • GRAPHICS : Updated bodywork shader to DX11 technology.
  • GRAPHICS : Updated headlights rendering.
  • GRAPHICS : Added rain rendering technology for bodywork.
  • GRAPHICS : Added rain rendering technology for windshield and windows.
  • GRAPHICS : Added animated wiper.
  • GRAPHICS : Added blurred rims (for all types).
  • PHYSICS : Integration of CPM tires (Slick & Rain, around 90°C usage temperature for Slicks) adapted from S397 reference tires.
  • PHYSICS : Inertia adjusted (based on inertia used by S397).
  • PHYSICS : Suspension geometry adjsuted (to fix the FFB blank in the center of the steering wheel).
  • PHYSICS : Aero minor adjustements.
  • PHYSICS : Brakes power/settings adjusted (now you can adjust brake pressure like S397 cars).
  • PHYSICS : Steering ratio adjusted (done like S397 cars).
  • PHYSICS : Antirolbars value adjusted (to be aligned to the rFactor2 S397 physics directives).
  • PHYSICS : FFB power adjusted (FFB Upgrades removed, use FFB Multiplier in game to adjust if needed).
  • PHYSICS : Fuel Tank position adjusted (to match to *ForceDistrib S397 mechanisms).
  • PHYSICS : Tire wear curves adjusted.
  • PHYSICS : Default setup adjusted.
  • PHYSICS : AI performance adjusted.
  • PHYSICS : Cockpit position adjusted (compliant with flat screen & VR).
  • PHYSICS : Seat front maximum position value adjusted for triple screens users.
  • PHYSICS : Upgrade autoblip removed (the real car don't have autoblip).
Flat 6 rF2 Update 1.jpg
Flat 6 rF2 Update 2.jpg
Flat 6 rF2 Update 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is available from Steam as a PC exclusive title now.

Flat 6 mod is created by the EnduRacers Modding Team & Gentlemen Racers, and can be downloaded for free from the Steam Workshop page HERE.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Like the new update? What do you think of the latest version of these awesome cars? Let us know in the comments section below!

Great update by Enduracers although rF2 rain effects are terribly optimized. Never had any issues with FPS in rF2 until now. In the rain with AI cars it's around 25-30 fps which is unusable. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

This mod (Flat6 Series) is exclusive to rFactor2, no other sim has the 997 GT3 Cup (i think there was a similar mod for Automobilista, and also for rFactor1). This together with that is very well recreated makes it a highly valued mod.

IIRC, the Automobilista Boxer Cup is also a 997 (as a vanilla car). Although it is unlicensed, you do get a full version of the Porsche GT Cup Brasil Championship, tracks and all.

IIRC, the Automobilista Boxer Cup is also a 997 (as a vanilla car). Although it is unlicensed, you do get a full version of the Porsche GT Cup Brasil Championship, tracks and all.
Thanks for the information MoerasGrizzly, i suppose you refer to the skins of the Cup Brazil, i have the ones of the German Cup.

Although the Boxer Cup of Automobilista (which is official content), is based on the 991 GT3 Cup.

In my previous message, i was referring to the Flat6 Series mod for Automobilista.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/flat-6.9189/

Last edited:
Great update by Enduracers although rF2 rain effects are terribly optimized. Never had any issues with FPS in rF2 until now. In the rain with AI cars it's around 25-30 fps which is unusable. Does anyone else have a similar problem?
It isn't Flat6 specific problem. Many people have poor fps in rain with official S397 cars.
I am getting 25-30 fps too ( not with Flat6)

dunno if it's me being crap but i was having real bad problems braking with this mod...back end kept snapping out. never had that in previous version
I have not done RF2 much lately but this seems to have worked for me in other sims like R3E, Pcars2 and iRacing:

Increase the springs on the rear and lessen them in the front. I set up my cars with a higher spring rate in the rear. From there make changes with dampers and roll bars to suit.

Why do this? The rear-engine configuration makes for a lot of weight being tossed around when you turn or transition from one direction to another. If you do not harness this motion it will toss the rear around as it acts like you are tossing a bag of rocks around, from one direction to another: It is hard to be stable when doing so...

The higher spring rates lessen the motion of the rear due to the weight shift.

I have been able to turn much faster times, and much less oversteer, since doing this. It also works on mid-engined cars, just know that the weight is further forward so the increase will be more of a 50-50 than, say, 40-60.

Try a short race with rFactor2 in LimeRock Park against AI with the Flat6.

You will see that in that track the AI isn't very good either ...
A new "ai fast line" specifically made for this Flat 6 will help to improve these issues! Since LimeRock and the Flat 6 are two of my favorite combinations i hope to impliment a new aiw to compliment them! :)

Last edited:
As much as i like the idea of an upgrade, the braking, for me, is terrible. Yes I know real cars don't have "autoblip". But for me as a casual gamer, it aint fun. I have other racing sims, that include porsche and I do not have the problem. It could be argued that they are not like the "real thing". But again, its no fun crashing into side rail when braking. I hope the modders appreciate and hopefully "update" (or not).

As much as i like the idea of an upgrade, the braking, for me, is terrible. Yes I know real cars don't have "autoblip". But for me as a casual gamer, it aint fun. I have other racing sims, that include porsche and I do not have the problem. It could be argued that they are not like the "real thing". But again, its no fun crashing into side rail when braking. I hope the modders appreciate and hopefully "update" (or not).
Thats why this is a sim,not a casual game.....

Blipping the throttle is a part of the fun tho, no?
I'm getting upset that not many even vintage cars in AC require throttle blip when downshifting. From the ones I've tested, only Alfa GTA has it to a degree you can lose the car. But the Cobra? Seriously, with all that low/mid range torque and ancient transmission, you can just downshift mid corner and get away with it?
I mean of course, most of our modern street cars don't require it. But when you start building your own racecar, or get a sportscar with ability to turn tc/abs off (trackday bro!) you'll have to learn how to blip, it should be part of things you do intuitively while driving, without even thinking about it.

Last edited:

Brake balance forced to 65:35 forwards, makes it a little bit easier.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%