1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of season - what the ...???

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by imacken, Nov 26, 2010.

1. OK, so today I just finished my first season (7th in Abu Dhabi), with the following:
    - Sauber
    - 8th place in drivers
    - 6th place in constructors
    - became team #1 driver
    - well exceeded season objective and almost all objectives throughout
    - team delighted with my performance
    and guess what?
    No contract from Sauber for next year! In fact, the only way I can continue to the next season is to accept an offer from Louts! Lotus!
    What on earth is going on here?
  2. You left the contract deal to long. You must of got a deal from suaber earlyer in the year and declined it
  3. I didn't decline anything. I was just leaving my options open. Despite getting good team results and always complimenting the team in interviews, they are offering me nothing!
    I just wasted 2 or 3 weeks on this. I've now got to start again.
  4. It's not a bug, it's just the way the game works. I've experienced the same. I wasn't offered a new contract despite winning the WDC with McLaren. Fortunately there was an offer from Christian Horner (as my agent kept reminding me).

Out of interest, I don't know if you'll be able to remember or not, but did the offer from Lotus have a decline option? I say this because all the other offers I got had 'Accept' or 'Decline', whereas the RB offer only had 'Accept' (no matter what time it was during the season).
  5. @ongy2k3, I had the same with McLaren in season 3 winning my 3rd WDC (albeit I had tyre sim off). I won 17 from 19 and didn't get a contract offer from them so went to Ferrari, again I couldn't refuse it. Financially it was the best at 20m, but I wanted to haggle but couldn't. I'm sure my reputation wasn't good enough for McLaren anyway (31) so I was surprised when they wanted me at the end of season 2 (again, surprised Ferrari wanted me with only 31 rep).

In my first two seasons the team I was with offered way before other teams came in (I think it's around Spa they start offering contracts).
  6. I think it's because of the rivalry system. If you beat your rival, you seem to get an offer to replace them. I would agree that I didn't have the rep to join McLaren but because I beat Hamilton, I was offered a seat.

As the contracts are only a year long, I haven't been able to reach the level required to gain a McLaren seat normally, so had to settle for "less".

That's the best possible explanation I could come up with anyway, and I'd say it makes sense. I think I'm the same rep as you aswell.