1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enable Cockpit movement!!

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Msportdan, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Has anyone noticed the key binds to cockpit movement....!!!
    [​IMG]
    Set them to plus and minus, then in game adjust it to 100 (60 is imo best)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Mmmmm...not noticed this..... thanks for the heads up...
    Problem is its Le Man's time, cant pull myself away from the box to check it out... will have a pop in the early hours to help me keep going when the eyes start to drop..

On a side note Dan, I notice you found some good settings for your wheel (at last!;))... how you finding it? Hope its turned you back on to RRE ?

3. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

"On a side note Dan, I notice you found some good settings for your wheel (at last!;))... how you finding it? Hope its turned you back on to RRE ?"

yeah it basically has..... Even this cockpit tweak has made it better every bump in the road and twitch of the wheel now is accompanied by a shake....itttss good.

just had a stab at pcars and the ffb is giving me the ache..

4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Glad you enjoy it now mate.. spread the RRE love!
    As for pcars.............. don't get me started :devilish: I was really looking forward to its release, but basically i find it a decent car game, but by no means anywhere close to a sim (which is absolutely fine if thats what you want, but its not for me... i basically cant afford to race real cars anymore so i do sims in its place..).
    Still, it does look pretty (although i cant get it anywhere near where the preview pictures show)..

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

totally ive just had two races with clios and fgulfs, like online kiddies... it so reminds me of shift2 but with the oversteer fixed.. nah theres better pc games... the consoles can keep their precious pcars lol

immature mode off**

6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

I dare you to post the same message in the pcars section.... its hilarious how over excited folks get

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Good luck fella (said as i slowly back out the door, retreat round the corner and quickly get into my car, engage 1st gear and leave at pace)... :)
    Let the bun fights begin!

9. I thought this option was always there?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Yeah this is old news Dan. Glad you're enjoying it though. Personally I switch off cockpit movement altogether but I do think the game needs a lock-to-horizon option, and quick.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. I guess that would be called Track-IR :)

12. been there since the start

13. Is there anyway to get into the files and lock to horizon. I presently have the "world movement set to 0 and it still bugs me. Please, someone help me.:sick:

14. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

I don't think that's possible. Plenty of people have called for a lock-to-horizon option so hopefully it's on Sector3's to do list.

15. Sad to hear, James. Nobody has gone in and tried to tweak the files? There's no app for that?

16. Yep I did :)
    Here is something I discovered and have been using for years in various sims.

open 'cockpit_driver_view.xml' or 'cockpit_driver_view_triple.xml' in cars/carname/cameras folder in a text editor

find this:
    <orientationSpeed type="Vector">{0.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000}</orientationSpeed>

and replace the values with 10.00000000 50.00000000 2.00000000 (pitch, yaw, roll)

have to do that for all cars!
    ------------
    Hi Msportdan, we seem to have the same wish for better car movement haha!

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  17. Will this reduce or increase the cockpit camera movement?

18. Reduce. Simply said: horizon stays level, car moves around.
    It is more subtle than that though.

19. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Thanks 100x @VeloW , this is amazing! Feeling is similar as it is when using RealHeadMotion plugin for some other game :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  20. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

So it's a subtle form of lock-to-horizon?