EMF/Grounding 8020 cockpit

Was having some issues with my Fanatec pedals whereby one would occasionally reverse operation such that 0% movement/force = 100% of any given input (gas, brake, clutch). Turning the base (DD1) off and on would fix the problem, but obviously ruined things if it occurred mid-race.

Decided to try grounding the frame of the rig to see if the issue was being caused by EMI from the direct drive wheelbase or some other current leak/induction. Rig is on wheels/mobile and wanted to be able to easily connect/dissconnect the grounding wire. I attached a braided grounding strap to the rig and put a snap connection on the other end so it can be used with an electrostatic wrist strap cable plugged into a grounded outlet.

Zero problems since the ground was attached, so assuming that was the issue. That said, I also have some shielded RJ-12 cables on order to use instead of the unshielded ones Fanatec provides. They are not needed at this point, but more shielding can't hurt - particularly if I add more electronics to the rig down the road.

8020 Grouding Terminal: https://8020.net/12300.html

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 71 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 49 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 51 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 30 12.4%