1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

eMail notification failure? (general)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Nils Ruwisch, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Hi,

saw the other thread concerning this topic but I have another problem (it is not only me).
    I do not receive any mail notification. I tried different mail addresses and checked the spam folders of the accounts.
    I am not getting notified neither when using the "forgotten password" function nor when using the "notify me when I receive a PM" (instant notification activated). A buddy of mine has the same problems.
    Did we overlook something?

Thanks a bunch
    Nils

2. Hello :)

Same problem.

I received several emails some minutes ago, it's about answer of 3 days ago.
    I looked for the best forum-place to explain this problem and I saw your message :)

Nevertheless I also activated the "instant notification".
    I noticed this problem for approximately 15 days, I thought that it was a temporary problem thus I had said nothing previously ;)

Alek.

3. I also received some notification mails now.
    Let's hope the problem is fixed now. :)

4. i`m also getting this problem, i have mine set for instant notification but it takes days to recive any emails :(

5. ok all seems back to normal again, i got 2 days worth on notifications this morning and am getting instant emails now :good:

6. :) :)

7. Hello,

same problem again since 2 days (6 hours of delay approx).

8. I'll take a look at it again.

9. I checked and I dont seem to have any issues? (just send an email to yourself from RD). I get it right away? Anyone else has that problem?

10. Hello Eric,

Yes I have received the mail "Reply thread" (here) without problem this day :smile-big:

11. ihave NEVER gotten e-mail notification from Day 1. Have instant notification selected yet never receive anything.

Been so long I have just grown used to it I guess.

12. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

And you have filled in your want to receive mails and provided a working emailaddress?

13. LOL Bram. you and I went a loooong way on this back when. No joy my man. YOu had said that COMCAST was troublesome for some reason.

I have selected instant e-mail notification and use the saem addy I Have had for years now.

Dunno why it doesn't work, and honestly, doesn't matter anymore for me I have become used to just checking in periodically.

EDIT; looked in my list of subscriptions and see that NONE of them have a check mark in the "instant notifcation" box. hhhmmmmm

When I checked my options control in USER CP I found "instant notification " selected. The text says I can set up 'Automatically subscribing" to any thread I view but can;t find where to check that option.

can ya point a brother to the spot please?