Elitists?

Johnny Speed

Premium
i truly don't know why, but every open lobby I join I get yelled at, and kicked out. If it is such a exclusive lobby, lock the lobby.

I'm kind of pissed off, and bummed out. All I want to do is enjoy the racing, do my best, and race clean. So what if I come in last.

It's turning me off from this whole Game. Bunch of elitists.

I do like this game. I do enjoy racing. My work schedule prohibits me from joining a league and being a regular every week, but why do I get yelled at for dropping in? Why?

Might be some exclusive servers who failed to set them to private. Haven't experienced it yet in my infrequent visits. Perhaps you could mention those servers? Might be good to avoid them.

Are you trying to race or block lap traffic? Are you causing wrecks? Exactly what is happening when people yell at you or kick you out?

I have been involved with GSCE online multiplayer for quite a while and never seen anyone mistreated for just being slow.

Are you trying to race or block lap traffic? Are you causing wrecks? Exactly what is happening when people yell at you or kick you out?

I have been involved with GSCE online multiplayer for quite a while and never seen anyone mistreated for just being slow.

Just joining the room, I get booted. Not even doing 1 practice lap. If the room is private, it should be locked.

Don't misunderstand, I have raced with others, I don't block, or cause wrecks. I am not the fastest, and I do understand the rules of the road. It's just frustrating, trying to enjoy a amazing game like this, and being booted out of the lobby for no reason.

I was going to post "Private server. Their server, their rules" but you just don't have the mod they are using so nevermind.
I think any server running non official stuff should have a PW. The amount of people that try to connect to your server in these situations is kinda big.

Yeah, we've all made (and still make!) tons of mistakes. Especially racing simulators are still, unfortunately, not very user-friendly. So please feel free to ask questions, and try joining Reiza's official servers - even if they're empty, sometimes just having one person there makes other people join as well.

If you were being yelled at then you must be doing stupid things on the track, most likely to other people.

If you get kicked because you don't have the car and/or track then you' would simply be kicked our auto kicked. It will also say that you have a mismatch in the text box and also that you were kicked for a mismatch. So even if you don't know much about computers, it's still telling you that you were kicked for some sort of "mismatch thingy".

Either way, I've never been yelled at once for not having the right car/track, let alone every time like you claim, so unless you are doing stupid things once you join, I find the yelling part of your story a little hard to believe.

The first lobby I joined, I was still in the garage. On the chat window, a lot of Spanish, or Portugese, in CAPS with exclamation points!! Then I got kicked.

The room after that was probably me not having the right mods. That I understand.

I swear, I race clean. I do not cause wrecks or intentionally mess people up.

I am sorry for my rant. I still feel like a fool. I was mad.

The first lobby I joined, I was still in the garage. On the chat window, a lot of Spanish, or Portugese, in CAPS with exclamation points!! Then I got kicked.

The room after that was probably me not having the right mods. That I understand.

I swear, I race clean. I do not cause wrecks or intentionally mess people up.

I am sorry for my rant. I still feel like a fool. I was mad.
No worries man. If the server car is called "Reiza" and some numbers after, then it's a mod. Also, every time I joined an all vehicles server, it also happened to be for mods. Tracks are different though; they display their actual name in the server list so it's a little more difficult to recognize if the track is a mod or not.

You, as-well as everyone else, are welcome to add me to Steam - "Spinelli" (without the quotes). I'd be more than happy to give some pointers or just have some online fun :)

We all can just hope the upcoming title will have automatic mod downloading from the server.
Regarding the spanish server: Maybe some misconfiguration on their part and they wanted a private race - we will never know :)

Just join a Reiza server and the simsheep effect may kick in :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.3%