Elementary school shooting in Connecticut, U.S.A.

Haha, checked the UK gun stuff, after your witty UK picture, had to laugh.
The United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world with 0.07 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants in 2009 compared to the United States' 3.0 (over 40 times higher) and to Germany's 0.21 (3 times higher).

Also interesting:
Despite police being unarmed, shooting fatalities of members of the police are extremely rare; there were three in England and Wales in the eleven-year period from 2000/01 to 2010/11

3 police officers in 11 years, with 60 million people.

Better double check your sources man. Switzerland, Israel, and now the UK, all falling apart.

For me there are three scenarios:

I. The lack of gun control in the US creates the perfect situation for this kind of things to happen
II. The people in the US is completely nuts and are more violent than in the rest of the civilized world
II. I and II are correct

If you want to go on a killing spree, you actually want to kill a lot of people, no? So you want to be alive as long as possible, no? Where will you be alive as long as possible? In places with no guns, no? Common sense, no?
Schools being a popular site because of the bullying and whatnot, and because it's our children, oh god, the children...

That's the point....A gun free zone is a free buffet for a psychopath. The quicker people realize that the less incident's you'll hear about on the news.

Reading this all I know again why I would never want to live in the States .

If this is really your perception of society I am glad I live here in the EUSSR.

God forbid it happens in the USSR you're stuck in the first scenario, waiting and praying that your police and government come to protect you because they don't trust you enough to let you arm yourself.

Most people have a change of heart after a mugging or home invasion. Its a shame it takes that long.

That's the point....A gun free zone is a free buffet for a psychopath. The quicker people realize that the less incident's you'll hear about on the news.
No, a gun free zone is a normal place to be in.

Still clinging on, despite all your examples being shot down, huh. No pun intended.
Ah well, let's at least hope you don't start deporting your psychos, most of Europe is a free buffet :o

EDIT: I don't understand why you can't simply look at the numbers.
You have the most guns, and you have one of the highest rates of gun homicides.
Britain has strict gun laws, and has one of the lowest rates. Same goes for Germany, France, any other random European country.
Is there a counter example, where more guns equals less gun homicides? It doesn't even sound plausible.

I'm not arguing more guns = less homicide. I'm arguing with the state of the nation, the number of guns already in ownership(legal or not) and the availability, trying to ban them is asking for civil war. That's what it amounts to in the long run. With those stats I don't trust even half of that number of guns in circulation to disappear. Where does that leave me as a law abiding citizen? Legally disarmed for anyone to take advantage of. The initial surge of violence after a gun ban was put in place would dwarf the number of deaths in probably a decade. I live in a violent city, my home has been robbed twice and the way the country is being run i outright fear for my future in this place. As soon as i get my certificates i'm moving to a more rural location. Meanwhile, my house is protected.

Yeah, you guys are better off with your guns. Culture. Fingers crossed you fix it in the future.

I prefer to live happily knowing the old lady behind me in the bus doesn't carry a desert eagle :)

Pretty much all of Europe is a gun free zone. We don´t have anywhere near the amount of psychos you guys have.

I'm not arguing more guns = less homicide. I'm arguing with the state of the nation, the number of guns already in ownership(legal or not) and the availability, trying to ban them is asking for civil war. That's what it amounts to in the long run. With those stats I don't trust even half of that number of guns in circulation to disappear. Where does that leave me as a law abiding citizen? Legally disarmed for anyone to take advantage of. The initial surge of violence after a gun ban was put in place would dwarf the number of deaths in probably a decade. I live in a violent city, my home has been robbed twice and the way the country is being run i outright fear for my future in this place. As soon as i get my certificates i'm moving to a more rural location. Meanwhile, my house is protected.
Just move to Europe.
Most of Europe is very safe and you definitely don´t have to worry about your house being broken in.
It´s not a third world country(continent in this case) with technology.

Oh, I know areas in my city where I don't dare to make a statement that they won't break into your house :) Think that the UK, Germany and France also have their specific zones where its not very safe.

Guns create fear and fear creates more guns. Great business model though if you link it to the second amendment that applies to your entire 250,000,000 population.

If Obama wants to make a change, now is the time and I am sure he can do it. .

I can't speak about other parts of the U.S. , but home invasions are almost unheard of where I live. On the rare occasions that they happen, it's usually people after a drug deal gone bad or something similar. I don't sit around and worry about getting burglarized. If it becomes a worrisome problem, then I might consider buying a handgun. The press, who never miss a chance to hype the hell out of a story, makes it sound like it's the wild west everywhere. Simply not true.

Oh, I know areas in my city where I don't dare to make a statement that they won't break into your house :) Think that the UK, Germany and France also have their specific zones where its not very safe.

Guns create fear and fear creates more guns. Great business model though if you link it to the second amendment that applies to your entire 250,000,000 population.

If Obama wants to make a change, now is the time and I am sure he can do it. .

Bram; Major changes to gun ownership simply is not going to happen. The majority of people don't want it, and politicians, being the spineless pandering bastards they are , don't have the balls to do it.
I was talking with my friends at coffee yesterday; some of them belong to the NRA and have pretty strong feelings about our constitutional right to bear arms. I was somewhat surprised to hear them say that there is no compelling reason to own an assault rifle. They also didn't seem to have a problem with banning high capacity clips. There might be widespread support for something like that, but the fact of the matter is , guns are simply not going to be outlawed in this country ; all we can do is take steps to try and make things a little safer.

Sure there are some small neighbor hoods etc, i grew up in one myself but it wasn´t like people had been burglarized twice or similar unless they lived in a shed somewhere.
In fact burglars usually go to nicer neighbour hoods because there´s actually things to steal in those ;)

A former Marine and father of two decided to help ease his daughter's fears after the tragic school shooting in Connecticut late last week by standing guard outside her west Nashville school.

Mad respect for that father standing guard and easing the children's fears. How many more schools would get targeted if there was a marine(armed or not) at the door. May see more of these stories in the near future.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/20385847/former-marine-stands-guard-outside-daughters-nashville-school

Obama posing with a dead child?

http://usahitman.com/apwdepfv/

She looks pretty good for being a shooting casualty.

Also guess who "lanza's" car is registered to. First of all it wasn't his motets car that he supposedly stole. Next it's registered to a Christopher A. Rodia. Who is Rodia, he was convicted of having sex with 2 12 year olds in 94.

Police scanner radios and witness interviews all point to 2-3 shooters. MSM has gone quiet on that point though as it doesn't fit their "depressed teen rampages" MO.

Correction on my previous post. There are 2 Christopher Rodia's while this one is not the sex offender but does have numerous charges such as:

Wait, instead of editing, let me append:

The arrest dates for the crimes:

The big slew of offenses: arrest date 7/28/2012

Larceny 6th: 9/6/2012

Forgery 2nd: 12/26/2011

Possession of narcotics: 1/31/2012

http://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/CaseDetail.aspx?Key=c2190eaa-c4cc-4a12-9c29-4d7d0fcd777b

He's got a hearing today.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back