Elementary school shooting in Connecticut, U.S.A.

Except Switzerland and Israel are much smaller countries, so much less random attention seeking psychos.

Ah well, it's been done, nothing left but to live with it. Perhaps in the future there'll be high rampage probability warnings, along with the weather forecast. Tom Cruise and precogs and all.

Video also mentions that every male in Switzerland is forced to serve and GIVEN fully auto rifle and ammo he has to keep at home. Different situation, but i was unaware of that handgun fact, that particular quote may be out of date.(one i quoted earlier)

Video also mentions that every male in Switzerland is forced to serve and GIVEN a handgun. Different situation, but i was unaware of that handgun fact, that particular quote may be out of date.
It is out of date indeed, but unfortunately, in the opposite direction you'd like it to go.
Wikipedia says the annual rate of homicide with guns was 0.52 per 100.000 people in 2010. That is around 40 people, instead of 24, or whatever it was, in that video.

And yes, they all have military rifles at home. Easy access, high rate of homicides.
In the non-rational moment, it's easy to pick up your gun and hurt people. Getting a gun involves more time, and thinking it through. Only psychos do it after that.

EDIT: ah, your quote, not the video, sorry. The video is 10-ish years old now.

"A tiny Texas school district may be the first in the nation to pass a law specifically allowing teachers and staff to pack heat when classes begin later this month.

Trustees at the Harrold Independent School District approved a district policy change last October so employees can carry concealed firearms to deter and protect against school shootings, provided the gun-toting teachers follow certain requirements.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404721,00.html#ixzz2FPWM0qXv

That i think is a step in the right direction, arm and train the teachers and these events wont happen anymore. Keep an eye out and see how many people try the same crap when the staff is armed.

Ah, also, about Switzerland and guns.

And here´s one for you.

Gun politics in Switzerland are unique in Europe. Switzerland does not have a standing army, instead opting for a peoples' militia for its national defense.
The vast majority of men between the ages of 20 and 30 are conscripted into the militia and undergo military training, including weapons training. The personal weapons of the militia are kept at home as part of the military obligations; Switzerland thus has one of the highest militia gun ownership rates in the world.[1] In recent times political opposition has expressed a desire for tighter gun regulations.[2]A referendum in February 2011 rejected stricter gun control.[3]

Now what was it you were saying again? Ahh that´s right, it was this,
Third highest rate of handgun murder per head for any country in the world.

Are you trying to tell me that you can´t see the OBVIOUS problem here?

So there you have it. Maybe if they weren´t unique to the rest of Europe they would not be topping any charts.
And excuse me but arming Teachers is the dumbest thing i ever heard in my life.
I can tell you right now one day one teacher will get mad at something, his life is ruined and he will not only have his own gun, he will actually already be at a school ready to play "your it!" BOOM.

This will be my last piece in here. A metaphor i guess.

-
You have two rooms, once you get in one of them you can´t get out for X days or hours.

One room everyone has to carry a gun. It´s for "safety" purposes.
The other room you are not allowed to carry any form of weapon, like guns knives etc. Also for safety reasons.

Let´s say a very heated argument breaks out so heated people start fighting.

In one room you´ll find broken noses, broken ribs, possibly a few guys going to hospital, bit like a bar fight without the glass.

Now the other room you´ll probably find 2 maybe 3 guys still alive, the rest have been killed because once one person started shooting everyone else started shooting at everything that moved.
So instead of some broken noses and some broken ribs you´ll see people with new holes to breath through and not going to the hospital but going straight to the morgue.

Now you tell me, what room would you want to be in when the heated argument starts? Gun room? I doubt it.

If you could ONLY be in the gun room would you go in unarmed? Or you're in a room with 4 violent people and you know ATLEAST one has a gun would you go in without one? Questions lead to answers. I understand your opinion but you don't see the situation from the playing field I do. I personally own but don't carry, that might change soon the way things are going, but whats important is the person behind the weapon, be it gun, knife, grenade or drone or whatever destructive force at their disposal.

If you could ONLY be in the gun room would you go in unarmed? Or you're in a room with 4 violent people and you know ATLEAST one has a gun would you go in without one?
Net result would be the same. People will die regardless.

So the best option is get rid of the guns, i´ve showed countless examples now, even Switzerland that proves without any doubt that guns are bad and lead to death. More guns, more death because that´s why they exist, to kill people fast.

Basically what you are doing is standing outside of this room saying "oh they got guns, well then let´s bring in some more"

Instead of saying "they got guns? Well why don´t we remove them so we can walk safely in the room without having to worry about getting shot"

"Mass shootings are no more common than they have been in past decades, despite the impression given by the media.
The chances of being killed in a mass shooting are about what they are for being struck by lightning.

Until the Newtown horror, the three worst K–12 school shootings ever had taken place in either Britain or Germany."

"Economists John Lott and William Landes conducted a groundbreaking study in 1999, and found that a common theme of mass shootings is that they occur in places where guns are banned and killers know everyone will be unarmed, such as shopping malls and schools."

"Gun-free zones have been the most popular response to previous mass killings. But many law-enforcement officials say they are actually counterproductive. “Guns are already banned in schools. That is why the shootings happen in schools. A school is a ‘helpless-victim zone,’” says Richard Mack, a former Arizona sheriff. “Preventing any adult at a school from having access to a firearm eliminates any chance the killer can be stopped in time to prevent a rampage,” Jim Kouri, the public-information officer of the National Association of Chiefs of Police."

Lott offers a final damning statistic: “With just one single exception, the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns.”

That's a pretty Damning statistic.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/335739/facts-about-mass-shootings-john-fund#

The ONLY reason why the US has more killings is, I repeat, there are more idiots because of the whole alienating system.

Remember that bloke in Norway, one of the safest country on earth or something like that, who killed 70+ teenagers in one go ? There are absolute psychos everywhere, it's just there are more in the US, albeit being inefffective....

Heck, there's been quite a few in the Quebec province alone ! Guns here, in Quebec ? Pleeeeeease, lol... If you want to go on a killing spree, piss easy to get a gun, legal or not.

272538214921508503_SJeaWmSw_c.jpg

israel-teacher-rifle.jpg

Assault is a behavior, not a device.
64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

expertsagreeguncontrol.jpg

Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control.

An armed man is a citizen.
An unarmed man is a subject

That's a nice, albeit useless statistic.

Anyway, where are guns banned? Over here, you can get a license if you're 21, have a reason to have a gun, no criminal history, no addictions or social issues. Other countries in Europe are probably similar, less or more strict, but not banned.

My father has a gun, but he was a policeman. I could get a gun, but have absolutely no reason to do so, and wouldn't enjoy thinking or knowing that 50% of random people around me have guns.

It's just a culture thing you have over there, I wish you luck in dealing with it.

Ah, BTW, I see Israel again. Are you really going to bring it up in your every other post? They're at war every couple of years. They have bunkers in their houses. That's your example in favour of your view? :)

The picture is relevant because which scenario would you rather be stuck in? Stuck hiding for 30 minutes waiting for the police hoping you don't get killed as you watch someone openly slaughter civilians left and right. Or same scenario but armed civilians are on the scene to stop the psycho? Our military has so much funding and firepower yet no one is assigned to guard my home, neighborhood, school. The police are a joke in this country, average response time gor something urgent is like half an hour, too long to be hiding from a gun brandishing psychopath.

80496570.jpg

uk-guncontrol.jpg

Btw no one bothered to comment on the stat that every mass shooting in the US since 1950 but 1 have happened in gun free zones. I personally would never voluntarily place myself in a gun free zone unless I was still strapped.

Btw no one bothered to comment on the stat that every mass shooting in the US since 1950 but 1 have happened in gun free zones. I personally would never voluntarily place myself in a gun free zone unless I was still strapped.
Because that makes as much sense as the statistics you posted above.

If you want to go on a killing spree, you actually want to kill a lot of people, no? So you want to be alive as long as possible, no? Where will you be alive as long as possible? In places with no guns, no? Common sense, no?
Schools being a popular site because of the bullying and whatnot, and because it's our children, oh god, the children...

Have you found a replacement country to back up your views yet? As in not a country with the third highest rate of gun related murders, or a country that's at war every fortnight, and every house has a bunker?

Ah, Israel, the shining beacon of gun wielding. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercaz_HaRav_massacre

Reading this all I know again why I would never want to live in the States .

The picture is relevant because which scenario would you rather be stuck in? Stuck hiding for 30 minutes waiting for the police hoping you don't get killed as you watch someone openly slaughter civilians left and right.

If this is really your perception of society I am glad I live here in the EUSSR.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 226 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%