Electric GT Series Breaks Cover at Autosport International Show

Maybe all cars can be fitted with sound systems that emit the tones of a beauiful V8 engine?

I'm fine with the idea of electric cars on the road, but not on the track, don't take it the wrong way, I love how great technology is advancing and that an electric powered vehicle can deliver some insane performance, but when I'm spectating at the track i want to hear ferocious engines with exhaust popping downshifts, not hoovers whizzing around :(

Well i'm not a fan of the whole Eracing chapter. But Thiscar actually looks rather badass. Much better then those Formula E machines.

SRO Please homologate this car for Blancpain GT Series :p

Do you know what is the next chapter after this e-racing stuff? Autonomous cars racing each other :-D And following this in simracing, we wont be having wheels anymore, we will watch our car racing at the Nords and the only thing we "drive" is managing our tire temp and battery levels (f1 is already poisoned with this)...
Age of light my ass...

I get the whole "green" crap that is going around because of so called global warming (which is a naturally occurring event by the way (and no i'm not going to get into this discussion either))

warming is a natural phenomenon, but that doesn't mean that humans can't do stuff on top of that: And yes, this difference can be calculated.
Otherwise, yeah, it doesn't really matter if you don't want to get into a discussion.

I personally don't watch motorsports because of the sound. I watch it because the cars go fast! In this case, electric cars are great: It's hard to argue against the insanity of the racing hybrids or sports hybrids, and the Tesla's acceleration is nothing short of insane. Yes, the tech does have it flaws, but I think it's going to be interesting. It's not going to push out our current series just yet, and when it inevetably will, we will still have the historics, and considering how much of the electric car catagory is untapped potential, I suspect that we'll have found something to enjoy it by then.

(And yes, I do enjoy watching FE more then F1).

come on jeez. electric cars are for doing your weekly shop not motorsport. motorsport is supposed to be loud and you should be able to smell the unburned fuel as the cars go passed. I get the whole "green" crap that is going around because of so called global warming (which is a naturally occurring event by the way (and no i'm not going to get into this discussion either)) by why not invest in things that will make a difference. For example if i go on holiday to europe i drive onto an electric ferry or if i fly then its an electric plane. Stop taking the fun out of stuff. next thing to go will be catalytic converters for our back sides. jeez.
Fantastic post QS384... (and I totally agree with you about the global warming btw) And still I am split in this - I feel the urge to shout (loud) that if it aint broken, DON´T fix it, and well motorsports aren´t broken... But on the other hand, If nothing happens, nothing happens... and what fun would that be?
I don´t like the changes done in WTTC these last 4-5 years, but things just evolve - and if this the era of sewing machine cars - then this be it. And if we old farts incapable of going with the flow cannot live with it - well then I am sure that new generations will live with it, enjoy it, and even think that we (still the old farts) were crazy accepting the noise level...

Naaaah - forget that - just bring on the NOISE

Like it or not it's the future. Racing either adopts this type of car or in 10 years no manufacturer will want to be involved in the sport. This would make a good support series for something like the WEC.

Personally I think it's a great idea, just for the sheer challenge of simply being able to do it. That in itself is incredibly impressive. As for the noise, sure it'll suck to not have it, but when there's no oil left and we have no other option, at least racing will still be possible :)

Plus, the Tesla Model S is a freaking sweet car! Quicker than the Lambo Huracan over a 1/4 mile!
meh who cares about 1/4 mile race, put both at Laguna Seca for 30 minutes and let's talk

I already wish I could easily find all motorsport broadcast without narration just to listen to the engine sounds (especially multiclass) :D FE even with narration was boring as hell.
Also saw an interview with Lucas di Grassi in a Brazilian sports channel and when he talked about the tech behind the engines and possible difference between manufacturers when/if they start making engines in the future was not impressive, they'll pretty much be the same thing
On the other hand this can be good to racing actually. Think well... EV and autonomus cars maybe the "rule" (hopefully the farce about all this crap will appear before that), noisy cars and people driving will be exotic and can actualy bring more to watch it, who knows... racing could actually go back to engines made in home garages, kind of

come on jeez. electric cars are for doing your weekly shop not motorsport. motorsport is supposed to be loud and you should be able to smell the unburned fuel as the cars go passed. I get the whole "green" crap that is going around because of so called global warming (which is a naturally occurring event by the way (and no i'm not going to get into this discussion either)) by why not invest in things that will make a difference. For example if i go on holiday to europe i drive onto an electric ferry or if i fly then its an electric plane. Stop taking the fun out of stuff. next thing to go will be catalytic converters for our back sides. jeez.

This^^^^^
Don't watch it, don't want it, don't like it. No soul, passion, noise or smells whatsoever and most of all, no actual need for it.
Not for me and hopefully it won't catch on.

Last edited:
Looks more like Touring Cars not Grand Tourers, don't really care about the sound, I only care about onboard footage not track cam.
Nice to see so many good and mature old people complain about eletric engines, yet praise sims that are faulty.

Looks more like Touring Cars not Grand Tourers, don't really care about the sound, I only care about onboard footage not track cam.
Nice to see so many good and mature old people complain about eletric engines, yet praise sims that are faulty.
It is called personal opinion and you are entitled to yours... even when a little bit of respect for others' would be handy..

For me it is only a matter of "getting used to".
There once was a turbine car at Indianapolis in 1968 - it outrun everything and you could only hear a whisper.
Nobody asks for speakers at the Tour de France or mountainbike races to produce some noisy farts.
Sheer power does not need high noise levels. Take a look at the "white zombie" dragster - this is just cool!!!
So to my opinion: the future is electric and internal combustion is 19th century.
I am looking forward to electric racing!

Attachments

• Type_56_Indy_500.jpg
    Type_56_Indy_500.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 182
I'm not against electric cars, but imho it would be a lot more fun to have a GT3 homologated electric GT rather than a single make series.

Last edited:
Great initiative! No pollution these are the cars of the future.
Do you really believe the relatively small pollution output from any and all motorsport events is damaging the world? Compared to industry, general car traffic, buses, trucks, diesel trains, diesel generators, aircraft, ships and 3rd world country ignorance. The miniscule pollution from race cars and bikes is nothing. It would probably not even register anywhere.
Ecars and other forms of Electric transport are just that, transport for commuting. In my opinion. ;):thumbsup:
I say keep on using petrol and the combustion engine until we run out of oil and then it won't matter anyway because the whole world will go to rat **** then. In fact as soon as we reach "peak oil" we will be stuffed. So make the most of it now I say.:cool:

I'm an absolutely huge fan of Tesla (and SpaceX...). I'd love to have a Model S (or X, or 3) road car. But, I don't want them as race cars. Sorry, it's just not exciting when you take the sound out. This doesn't interest me at all in the long term.

Great car. Not exciting enough for me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing