1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Electric cars?

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Crayfish, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Was wondering if there are any mods that simulate electric cars? There are quite a few electric sports cars now, and a few sporty road going electric cars like the Tesla Roadster. Im very curious to drive one of these vehicles dues to thier unique characteristics like generating all thier Torque at 0 rpms, and having no transmission.

2. I'm tempted to modify some existing mods to achieve this, but I think we're quite limited. A lot of electric sports cars are opting for seperate motors on each side, which I don't believe we can simulate in rFactor.

3. Just give the car a lot of torque (3000ft-lbs, yes that's a real figure), no back tourque, one gear (like a 4th gear ratio) and no rev limit in the "engine.ini file". Oh and you'll need to modify the sound files. Electric race motors do have some sound. May use a Formula One max RPM sound.

Listen here

4. Interesting input guys, thanks. Very nicely writen piece Rhys, I'll have to look up some of yourother articles.

5. Thank you Crayfish. :)

Unfortunately, with the multitude of front page updates over the last two years, a lot of them are gone save for my SuperLeague Formula 2009 review and a couple of others. I still have the original files on my computer though... I may have to upload them somewhere for old time's sake.

6. Rhys amybe if someone (*cough, cough) me made the model we could use your files and physics =o)