EGT mod URD

I bought the EGT mod from URD. And all the cars have massive understeer.
Everytime I go into a corner I need to slow down a lot, or need to brake much earlier.

I just doesn't feel natural to me. Is it the base setup that is understeery? Or do I need to change some of the settings? I don't know, it just doesn't feel right.

Last edited:
I bought the EGT mod from URD. And all the cars have massive understeer.
Everytime I go into a corner I need to slow down a lot, or need to brake much earlier.

I just doesn't feel natural to me. Is it the base setup that is understeery? Or do I need to change some of the settings? I don't know, it just doesn't feel right.
@henry
I found this with rFactor2 in general but solved it by maximising Steering Lock in setup.
Always found the steering lock on default I struggle to turn out of the pits, them maxed it out and was fine - then work down from there if you want to tweak it...

On a 2 minute track they are about 4 secs slower than the aliens. When ever I do a league race I let em' run then subtract another 4 secs and that's usually about race pace. :D

Off topic but a real blast are the Megane Trophy cars - did a spell at Estoril (the ISI original version called Portugal International. Crank up the AI around 110 or more depending on your speed and it is game on, especially when the track rubbers-in.
One of my favourite SimThings at the moment...

Has anybody found AI with EGT mod insanely fast? I usually race with hundy per cent but with EGT I struggle with 90.

Yes I too race at 100% AI difficulty (Megane trophy even 105 - 110%). With the EGT mod I went down to 90% but after some practice I'm cranking it up a bit, at 98% at the moment. Still 0.7 - 1s off the fastest time but it's insanely much fun!

I'm having a hard time under braking. Is this normal? Locking up a lot and AI is just better at braking in these cars! I have noticed though that that you really need to get your brakes up to temperature.

Yes I too race at 100% AI difficulty (Megane trophy even 105 - 110%). With the EGT mod I went down to 90% but after some practice I'm cranking it up a bit, at 98% at the moment. Still 0.7 - 1s off the fastest time but it's insanely much fun!

I'm having a hard time under braking. Is this normal? Locking up a lot and AI is just better at braking in these cars! I have noticed though that that you really need to get your brakes up to temperature.

Actually after last update Im finding a little easier now, still bit lower than most AI settings but having fun, no more major understeer, merlin was really bad for this, but good now, its great seeing constant updates to this mod.

You lock up at the end of the braking phase, so more pressure earlier. The final downshift for a tight corner should be coupled with only slight pressure on the pedal.

Also downshifting slower or at lower revs tends to help.

There are two ways to deal with the braking:
1. Continue to brake as you do but play with the Brake Bias to suit your style (eg. application of force throughout the process until you hit the sweet spot)
2. Set the Brake Bias how you want it - rule of thumb: BB forward = more stable; BB back = shorter braking distance - and then adapt your braking style (eg.force) to suit the car/track

In some corners you need maximum stability during braking so you probably turn bias forward. In some corners you're braking and turning simultaneously and some of the traction budget of the front wheels is needed for turning so bias need to be rearward. Some braking points will be downhill and then gravity will cause the weight balance will be transferred more to the front, uphill gives more weight on the rear tires.
Found this here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6410-Adjusting-brake-balance-on-the-fly

Last edited:
There are two ways to deal with the braking:
1. Continue to brake as you do bu play with the Brake Bias to suit your style (eg. application of force throughout the process until you hit the sweet spot)
2. Set the Brake Bias how you want it - rule of thumb: BB forward = more stable; BB back = shorter braking distance.

In some corners you need maximum stability during braking so you probably turn bias forward. In some corners you're braking and turning simultaneously and some of the traction budget of the front wheels is needed for turning so bias need to be rearward. Some braking points will be downhill and then gravity will cause the weight balance will be transferred more to the front, uphill gives more weight on the rear tires.
Found this here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6410-Adjusting-brake-balance-on-the-fly

Very informative. Thank you!

Hi guys, I can see this topic is a bit old but I just found it (got rf2 yesterday)and wanted to know how do you see 1.97 URD egt compared to APEX moding 0.92 (which I m not sure is the latest version) in terms of physics.

Thanks!

First off, remember that Apex GT3 and URD EGT are two different series with different rules. Apex is GT3 (typical races < 1 hr) and EGT is endurance (2.5 hrs - 24 hrs). In the USA, GT3 races are Pirelli World Challenge (PWC sanctioned by SCCA) and EGT are Weathertech Sportscar Challenge (sanctioned by IMSA).

EGT cars, as a whole, are more balanced with regard to performance. EGT cars have more consistent AI performance; I think Apex still claims there mod isn't intended for use with AI, but they've been gradually working on it. Apex has a more "Porsche-like" Porsche. EGT default setups are better than Apex default setups. Appearance definitely goes to Apex as the models are a bit more recent and the team likes to do their best here. EGT cars are more friendly to FPS, so you can have bigger grids.

Overall, URD is a more polished product because it has a consistency still lacking in the Apex mod (which is continuing to evolve).

APEX "0.92" is outdated as there were a few updates since and it's latest is now "0.928" so get that before making any judgement calls!

I prefer the latest Blancpain Endurance Series (BES) as it's sounds and physics (believable) are very good. The only small drawback in my opinion are the cockpit textures are of lower quality which i hope will be resolved in a future update. Updates range from v1.51 to v1.61 depending on the car. The BES consists of 9 GT3 cars to date with more to come!

My FFB is notably stronger in this mod depending on car type so i set the Specific FFB Multiplier between 50 to 70.

So far the BES AI have been very competitive on tracks i ran at a strength between 90 to 95%.

In my opinion the Porsche (v1.60) is one of the best i experienced when properly setup!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing