F1 2012 [EGO Engine APP] CTF (Car Performance) Editor

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
After a lot of hard work from Miek and I...

Ryder CTF Editor

version 1.2.2013.0106
With this program you can edit CarTuningFile (CTF,CSV) files for the EGO engine games. These files contain car performance data.

Features:
  • Intuitive GUI -- The graphics user interface has been built to allow maximum ease of use when editing files.
  • Easy Compare -- Aside from the files' data being lined up side by side, with the click of a button the program will show you all the differences between the files.
  • Community Involvement -- Schema files for each game are in xml format so that modders can edit descriptions of their findings for the file's values and share them with each other.
  • Open With -- Allows you to choose "Open With" and select this program to open CTF files.
Changelog
    • Improved Error Checking
    • Changed FloatList Unknown to Step
    • DragDrop Feature to Open Files
    • Small Update to Schema Files
    • Added Support for Race Driver Grid
    • Improved UI in Column Filter and FileDialog areas
    • Added Support for Dirt Showdown, and F1 2012 games
    • First Release
Credits
  • Ryder25 - For creating the program. (tasevp(at)yahoo(dot)com)
  • Miek - For figuring out the schemas for the files which make all of this possible.
  • luh-koala - For creating program icon.
  • famfamfam.com - For the "silk" menu icons.
DOWNLOAD MIRROR

RCE10.png

Let me know if there are any problems. I encourage you to do the "community involvement" thing that way we can all figure out what certain values mean!

Last edited:
Does this mean car performance can be changed along with tiers?
Yes But at present we need to Understand the Values
Admin thinks we have too many sticky threads already but admin will make some changes today or tomorrow. I'll sticky the thread for now, so that I don't miss it once I'm getting things done.

Don't worry, I'll take care of it. ;)

17:17: all done.
Thanx Tom

I only got to play around with the values a little bit in game as I had to spend a lot of my time working on the app, so I don't know very much at all. Besides, you guys are the modders, and I can only get you this far. Test things and figure it out ;)

I only got to play around with the values a little bit in game as I had to spend a lot of my time working on the app, so I don't know very much at all. Besides, you guys are the modders, and I can only get you this far. Test things and figure it out ;)

I changed a few values the other day.

Went to the grid and found myself sitting in a Mini......lmao

:x3:

Thought WTF

I really changed some thing where Car get Top acceleration and even top gear will be very easy to reach in Short straights
it looked for me like sitting in a F1 car with a Rocket booster Behind
after that i forgot which value i changed to get the Effect :D
I request people who find new things please post here about Which Value they changed and What was the result.
So that we can push the Car's to real performance (if possible 2012 or 2011)

I really changed some thing where Car get Top acceleration and even top gear will be very easy to reach in Short straights
it looked for me like sitting in a F1 car with a Rocket booster Behind
after that i forgot which value i changed to get the Effect :D
I request people who find new things please post here about Which Value they changed and What was the result.
So that we can push the Car's to real performance (if possible 2012 or 2011)

If you didn't change too many things it may be easy to find what you changed by opening both the original and modded file and then pressing the show/hide differences button.

wow, awesome. ENGINE_DRIVETRAIN_CLASS, choose from Front, Rear, Four. you can now make you F1 car a 4WD! codemasters must have had this value so they could configure EGO values for their other games like Dirt, etc.

PS* Haven't tried this value yet, but DRIVETRAIN does mean Front, Rear or Four Wheel Drive.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%