Database EGO Database Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome great job! How can i edit how many points will drivers get, i would like the 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points :) i cant find the points in the database..

Hi, can anybody give me advice how could I rename any grand prix? And how to change flag of that grand prix?
Rename - language_eng.LNG in languages folder.
flag - database.BIN, in the track tab change nationality_id
Nationality ID's:
1 english
2 american
3 japanese
4 german
5 scottish
6 french
7 italian
8 spanish
9 canadian
11 belgian
12 turkish
13 portuguese
14 finnish
15 brazilian
16 dutch
17 irish
18 austrian
19 greek
20 luxembourgish
21 slovenian
22 cypriot
23 maltese
24 australian
25 argentinian
26 bulgarian
27 catalunyan
28 chinese
29 croatian
30 czech
31 danish
32 estonian
33 slovakian
34 hungarian
35 icelander
36 indian
37 indonesian
38 jamaican
39 jordanian
40 latvian
41 lithuanian
42 malaysian
43 mexican
44 new_zealander
45 northern_irish
46 norwegian
47 pakistani
48 polish
49 romanian
50 russian
51 saudi
53 south_african
54 swiss
55 thai
56 rest_of_world
57 welsh
58 Bahraini
62 Serbian
63 South_Korean
64 Swedish
65 Emirian
69 hong_kong
70 equardorian
71 puerto_rican
72 venezuelan
73 ghanian
74 Camerounaise
75 european
76 monegasque
77 singaporean
78 british
79 colombian

Is GRID Autosport support possible? I just discovered the game and really like it, but I'm much more interested in racing against a customized fantasy field than I am in participating in Codemasters' idea of a fictional racing world. Surprised AI customization is not in greater demand these days...in any other sports game it would be a travesty not to be able to customize your players and teams.

If you want to be able to mod the database in future CM games, then you better start creating a huge fuss on forums, and other CM media outlets (steam discussions, etc). After Dirt 3, CM has started hiding the database.bin. You can no longer find it in the files.

Their community manager has stated the following:
" If you want Steam Workshop support you need to really shout at us about it and let us know"

So its all up to a lot of the community to step up and ask for modding support while their game is in the early stage.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, and a HUGE thank you to Petar / Ryder25 for making these mod programs.

When modding these games be aware that changes may not take effect immediately. When I modded TOCA Race Driver 2 on the original Xbox I had to delete the save game file, inject the modded files, reset the Xbox and then put the save game back in. This is because once the game loads it puts the files into the cache and loads them from there, so if you change the original files they were ignored until the cache files were overwritten.

This is probably similar to what happens when you change things in F1 2013 etc, you may need to delete your profile, put the modded files in and then load up the game, not sure if you can use the same profile by putting it back in.

When modding the AI in the /tracks/difficulties xml files it wont change the career track difficulties only the season ones. If I change the ai difficulties in championsmode files, the game won't start for me, CM seem to have some sort of file checking system for that.

So your best bet is IMO is changing the files in the database.bin and we can all thank Petar for allowing us to do that!

Last edited:
I have a doubt editing database from F1 2014. What's the meaning of "Speed_In" and "Speed_Out" in the "ai_driver" section? It is the speed from the beggining to the final of the race, the speed of qualifiying and race or something like that?
Thanks

I think it's the speed which the driver has when he drives into the corner and the speed wheen he drives out of the corner. Better don't change because the driver crashes often then.

Update:
I found if I edit the XML files with HXD Hex Editor the game runs fine, notepad must not save them correctly.

And changing the database file with EGO, you have to change your difficulty setting after the changes, eg: "hard to legend", then save and quit the game, then load up the game and change it back to what you want, eg: "legend back to hard" and save, this overwrites the old database settings cached somewhere, otherwise your changes won't take effect. This method works for me.

I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out, and then read it in the F1 2013 thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back