Database EGO Database Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now the difficulty doesn't bother me as much as the inability to reduce tyre wear. I tried the other mod but unfortunately the tyre wear reduction does not apply to Career Mode. If anyone has any solutions please let me know :)

Hello guys,

Last time, with F1 2012, this tool actually saved the experience to play this game. Tks Ryder!

Unfortunately, as the other fellow racer, I was not able to modified the difficulty by changing the track difficulty. I tried many ways, but I was not successful.

If anybody was able to find a way, please share! :thumbsup:
Br
Tiago

In tracks/difficulties folder, there are ai_track_difficulties.xml files for cars of different periods. May be can adjust the values in the files instead.

Been messing around and still cant change the difficulties at all.
I've tried editing the database and the tracks/difficulties with no such luck.
I can hardly play at the moment as if I play on intermediate I catch A.I. by 2-3 seconds per lap but If I play on Pro they catch me easily!

I've changed such things as the season objectives per team, as finishing 8th in the championship with sauber is'nt realistic, such as finishing with a mclaren 2nd... but no changes appear in the game, i've also changed the tyre wear, so my tyres should last longer... no succes... it seems like codemasters blocked something so we won't be able to edit the database :(

Hi guys,
first of all, thank you very much for releasing this editor!

But can someone explain to me which column i have to edit to rename the driver names?
When i change the values in the tab "f1drivers" there are in the game some kind of squares as placeholders.

Thanks in advance!

how do you changue the laps in career mode? i want to changue it

You can do this by editing the 'num_laps' column in the 'track_model' table.

Note though that the amount of fuel and tyre wear will stay the same, so for example, if you make the races shorter, you'll have more fuel and less relative tyre wear and vice versa. You'd have to edit fuel and tyre related values to change those (not sure which, haven't tested if it's even possible this year with parts of the database apparently locked by CM).

Remember that you must start a new game so changes will perform...
I if I changed something, like the flashbacks...
Im still experimenting with the duration of the race...

Hi guys,
first of all, thank you very much for releasing this editor!

But can someone explain to me which column i have to edit to rename the driver names?
When i change the values in the tab "f1drivers" there are in the game some kind of squares as placeholders.

Thanks in advance!
Driver names are changed within the language file, not the database. The names in "f1drivers" refer to LNG_keys at the language file so don't touch them if you don't want to rework your whole language file.

Only thing (at least in F1 2012) to change is/was short_name_string_id + b_nonpersistent.pssg card_image_ ... and without any connection (for better handling the AI database performance) ai_driver, name column

Hello, I tried to change the fields to adjust the speed of AI in qualifying than the speed he has in Race , as I did with F1 2012 and F1 2011 since there is a continuing slight imbalance makes the AI too fast in race compared Q3 in qualifying.
I used to go to edit these fields :
easy_dry_lap_time_adjustment
easy_wet_lap_time_adjustment
hard_dry_lap_time_adjustment
hard_wet_lap_time_adjustment
in track_model.
By setting these fields , for example . with " -0.5 " , the AI was faster in qualifying than half a second on the track where the change was made . While in Game speed remained the same.
Now changing these values with F1 2013 I have not noticed any difference in the qualification. Why?
I managed instead to change the total number of laps of a track , a sign that some change takes editing the database.bin ....
Does anyone have any thoughts on this or if there are other changes to be edited to change at will the speed of AI in qualifying ?
Thank you.

I try it yesterday and it doesn't work for me too. It's so strange! Anyone know how decrease the AI performance in race using the database editor? Thanks all :(

does anyone know how to make the replays longer? when I crash and use flashback it won't go back far enough so its either I retire or restart the session... Modders the community needs your help!

Does anyone know of a way to change the profile picture of the player? (That image that appears only rider with helmet on the main screen career).

Another question. There is a file with database.bin and shema.bin with the name database_restrictions.xml, this is not what is preventing certain changes in the DB?

Thank you Ryder
I did a small test, when you change the flashbacks, go to your difficulty setting in career, and change it to a difficulty that has flashbacks. Do not enter the difficulty advanced settings before changing the difficulty to one of the easier ones with flashbacks.
I not quite understand what you mean, mind explain a little bit more ?? Whats that "difficulty advanced settings" ?? And if that work can i still play Legend or what ?? Thanks first :whistling:

Edit: Ok i understand now, i guess the "difficulty advanced settings" you mean is the one that go from MY F1-> Setting -> Difficulty. The trick work, many thanks :thumbsup:

Last edited:
i have to open the database but i have an error message : "The following errors may or may not break the game. You can continue to edit the database regularly but if you don't fix the following errors you may get unwanted results. NOTE: The program only searches for errors when opening/importing a file.
scenario_groups
La colonne 'ID' doit être unique. La valeur '0' est déjà présente.
The rows were kept but it is recommended that you fix the problem. "

Can i have help please ?

i have to open the database but i have an error message : "The following errors may or may not break the game. You can continue to edit the database regularly but if you don't fix the following errors you may get unwanted results. NOTE: The program only searches for errors when opening/importing a file.
scenario_groups
La colonne 'ID' doit être unique. La valeur '0' est déjà présente.
The rows were kept but it is recommended that you fix the problem. "

Can i have help please ?
This is just a precaution, but seeing as CM made this error, it will not affect your game. You don't need to take any action. Just double click on that tab to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back