• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Edit / Switch Active Track

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Alex Kyriak, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Alex Kyriak

Alex Kyriak

Ratings:
    +1
    has anyone noticed in the Edit / Switch Active Track dialogue box that there's a numerical/spinner box just to the right of the "Visible" check box that is by default 0.00, and when you hover the mouse over it the tooltip says:

"Allows track to be raised to place skidmarks upon"

Has anyone used this? What does it do? How does it work? Is it useful?

2. martinez

martinez

Ratings:
    +14
    I think the idea was that instead building many walls above the track, you could copy the whole thing and using material change sections - fill the rised track with transparent materials like skidmarks, dirt etc. Leaving some parts of the copied track without any material is possible - no polygons there :) You can even split the copied track for parts. Just saving time, I guess.
    I used it once, but the option seemed not to work - nothing happened - the track was not moving up or down. The solution was to select all nodes of the "fake" track and move them up just a little in max zoomed 2D side-view ;)

3. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +190
    I got something to happen by setting the number and then copying the track, but it was only the very start that was raised.

4. martinez

martinez

Ratings:
    +14
    I see... Very interesting effect, LOL :D On the picture I copied the track three times with different settings - it always affects the very first line of polygons.
    I also thought it could be some setting to specify what exactly could mean "Grounded" for walls, so i draw one (visible as white there) - also not this one.
    So, seems to be the option does not work properly? Maybe in btb 2.0 :tongue: :)

Attached Files: