F1 2011 Edit Driver / Team Names

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
To change driver names you use language editor, open up language file search names you want to change in left column,highlight in right column and edit with name change, save file and its done, to change nationality use database editor and edit f1 drivers nationality id's numbers.

Hey Ryder,were you part of the Team AI toolkit team, I was wondering if you were if you were going to have a go at making the AI Toolkit work with 2011, we sorely miss this, it would make this game.

I did ask Syed but he said no he wasnt going to work on it, I hope you can convince him to do it, I know its a lot of work as I do some modding myself but only on a very limited basis, but lets hope it will happen.

Ok, I managed to get driver names to change, but now the only thing I can't do is change the nationality flags next to drivers name. When I replace Karthikeyan with Ricciardo, it still has an Indian flag even though I changed the database id to australian in the database under f1drivers. Help?

You do this in the database file (*** but you must put the original pre-patch flow.bin file into your system folder if editing the database after patch 1.2).
Look for the F1_driver tab, and change the nationality id in the karthikeyan line (i think it needs to be changed to 24 if I remember right, anyway it's the same number as webber).

Just to recap:
1) in language file, wherever the left column contains 'narain' or 'karthikeyan' or any form of his name, chnage the right column to the equivalent for daniel ricciardo.
2) backup flow.bin (in system folder) and put orignal pre-patch one in there.
3) in database file, f1driver tab, change nationality id to 24 in the kartikeyan row (but do not change the name or anything else).

This should then work, (apart from the helmet and photo, and driver stats, which needs further changes, but the ones outlined above are the main ones to begin with).

Can you confirm you did these 3 steps?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years