Edit button missing?

I believe the issue you guys are having is because you are not Premium members.

Unlimited time to edit posts is one of the many enticing perks that you get from supporting the community.

To view the other perks, click here.

To become a Premium member, and help RD thrive, click here.

The best perk of all is the knowing you're directly helping the staff, and are keeping the racing going.

The reasoning behind this is that RD needs funding, like every website. The servers are very expensive to run, and without premium membership it simply can't happen. If you want to, please support us, and keep racing!

Want my honest opinion?
When do you want to edit a post: maybe to clear the air, or to fix stupid mistakes or not to spam the forums with post after post from same user. Bottomline: user tries to make this forum a better place, so more people will stay. So users are investing a bit of time and effort to make things nicer over here. This shouldn't be limited to premium users who give money.

Without the premium members this site will close...;)

Allot of us spend our hard earned cash on Pc upgrades, wheels and pedals, screens and games.
But cant be bothered to chip in for the running of the site and server and T/speak which allows us to meet up and race.

I'm sorry but i don't buy into this let the other pay, but give me the same benefits for free.
if we don't have enough money to run the site, it will close. That's the bottom line... :(

Gonna be even more honest now (so people probably won't like it)

I'm sorry but not everyone is using all the features RD is offering. As a F1 2012 player on RD... I feel like a milked cashcow to be honest. No TS, dedicated servers or streams (the expensive stuff) to use, but RD removed the need to be a licensed driver to participate in club races since '12 which basically destroyed club racing on RD. (compare with '11 activity, difference is HUGE!)

So I don't buy into this let me pay for everything but only use a very very small part.

So with this new (it is new, right?) adjustment of limited time to edit posts... don't really feel happy about it. What's next? 5 posts a day maximum if you're not a premium member?

Read this with a pinch of salt, it's 2am and I'm tired, the following is my opinion not RD's. Also, sorry to Miguel Gonzalez for hijacking his thread.

<rant>

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. Without money flowing in, and let's be honest £15 is 4p per day, the site cannot run. Members have paid significantly more than their fair share to keep this website running.

Gaming computers cost upwards of £700, consoles £300, monitor £100, wheel £200, games £100. I don't see how £15 is an outrage. That's probably less money than the amount you drop down the side of a sofa. People spend more on chocolate in a month than that. Some forums charge upwards of £100 per year for the ability to read posts, so £15 to edit (and much more) isn't a premium price (pardon the pun). Paying for forums is incredibly common, and premium membership allows free content to be free, and the donators to be rewarded.

I may have only been here, admittedly on the editorial staff, for around 6 months or so. I can see you have been here a while, and yet I would have thought after 2 years of being in RD you would have though that it might be time to repay those who work literally into the night, without sleep, for weeks, to facilitate racing?

I see that you would like the users who use the 'expensive stuff' to pay for it, however that would be unfair towards them. So what, if you're paying for the 'expensive stuff'. It's that 'expensive stuff' that underpins the website, without it it'll have to close, along with the support for the F1 2012 stuff you are involved in.

As @Rupe Wilson explained, the bottom line is that if there is no income, the servers will be forced to close, and thus the site is kaput. I'm not whining specifically about you, but the 'others can pay' attitude in general. If it comes to users editing posts to keep forums active vs actually having forums, the latter is probably more prevalent.

I'd also like to point out there is a room in teamspeak for F1 20XX, and it is available to you as a licensed member.

</rant>

We're not being asked to fork out a large amount of money, only a contribution. I coughed up after only one or two races because I felt that what was on offer was worth it. It was voluntary, but in my world, you don't get something (or even a small part of something) for nothing. That's the way I feel about it. Others may have their own beliefs and justification for taking part without contributing, but I honestly feel that complaining about a service from which you take without making a contribution is..... a bit off.
Sorry to be blunt, but it seems that simple to me.

Last edited:
Is this serious?:O_o:
It does sound silly if you isolate that sentence so the context gets lost.
But I'll edit that sentence away for you. O wait, I can't :p

Anyway, don't wanna debate the idea of giving money. That is all fine. I just felt the ability to edit posts (without time restriction) should remain independent from being premium member or not. I've explained why.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back