Ed Tracker

Jake Fangio

Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain
Hi guys and gals. Has anyone on here got the Ed Tracker? If yes,is it a smooth experience,is it ok to set up? I've read somewhere that it's a pain to set up. Thank you in advance. :thumbsup:

Works pretty well, not more hassle than many other sim racing toys. Gathering dust in a drawer along with many other toys. In fact I don't even know where it is.
I know what you mean. Simracing has a habit of emptying your wallet. I was going to go the VR root,but my monitor packed in,so I got a shiny new 4k one.If I ask for a Rift the wife will kill me,plus I'm not willing to trade off on the resolution. I'll give this Ed Tracker a go.

Found him!

Edd+China+-+GDS+Badge.jpg

I found the hacked playstation3 camera and little doodad that you strap to your headset a lot better than the ED Tracker pro for some reason...you can get them on ebay for around 20 or 30 quid...I bought mine from a guy in France for 23 quid I think and it works perfect with opentrack and I easilly prefer it over my ED Tracker.
I've seen some guys even strapping old phones to their headsets lol.

I use ED Tracker. Hardware was very cheap on Ebay. It is not that hard to set up at all and it permanently sits on top of my headphones. The only pain for me is that it needs another program, namely opentrack to work with AC. But you get more options for tweaking like custom curves and you can assign a button on your wheel to turn it on/off in case it is slightly off after some time when violently shaking your head. However, the response is not as good as I have imagined it.

I used to use FaceTrackNoIR for head tracking in my sims but then discovered OpenTrack with an Aruco paper marker and found it much more accurate. Basically print the image, attach it to a hat, start OpenTrack and boom, instant head tracking.

The good news: it's free and it works great. The bad news: You look silly with that thing on your head and your wife will laugh profusely when she sees you using it.

Not my video but this is basically what I use:

I used to use FaceTrackNoIR for head tracking in my sims but then discovered OpenTrack with an Aruco paper marker and found it much more accurate. Basically print the image, attach it to a hat, start OpenTrack and boom, instant head tracking.

The good news: it's free and it works great. The bad news: You look silly with that thing on your head and your wife will laugh profusely when she sees you using it.

Not my video but this is basically what I use:

Reminds me of 'Weird Science' where they are sat in front of the computer with bra's on their heads :)

I use ED Tracker. Hardware was very cheap on Ebay. It is not that hard to set up at all and it permanently sits on top of my headphones. The only pain for me is that it needs another program, namely opentrack to work with AC. But you get more options for tweaking like custom curves and you can assign a button on your wheel to turn it on/off in case it is slightly off after some time when violently shaking your head. However, the response is not as good as I have imagined it.

Yeah I had probs with the ED Tracker Pro 'drifting' all the time no matter how many times I calibrated or centred it...its a problem I dont get with the PS3 hack.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back