Ecclestone Ousted as F1 CEO - Chase Carey Takes Control

Bye Bernie... I will not miss you...

One day after a test day at Mugello Marc Webber Said: "Better 10 laps at Mugello than 1000 at Abu Dhabi"...

Abu Dhabi is in the F1 calendar Thanks to Bernie while Mugello not (and Imola is out and Silverstone could be out Too)...

Let's see ifLiberty Media can save F1 from being Formula Boring...

Bye Bernie... I will not miss you...

One day after a test day at Mugello Marc Webber Said: "Better 10 laps at Mugello than 1000 at Abu Dhabi"...

Abu Dhabi is in the F1 calendar Thanks to Bernie while Mugello not (and Imola is out and Silverstone could be out Too)...

Let's see ifLiberty Media can save F1 from being Formula Boring...
I'm sure you'dd find it pretty quickly that if someone is willing to pay surreal sums of money to host a race on total crap circuit the f1 people will happily take the money. No difference whether it is bernie or casey.

The issue with abu dhabi is not that it is in f1. There are tons of bad circuits in f1. But it would be much better if the last race of the season was in brazil for example. A true gp track instead of couple of chicanes, a drs straight and couple of tents made of led lights.

I wonder if this could reverse the trend of replacing the traditional European F1 races with ones located in 3rd world dictatorships with zero motorsports heritage.

We have F1 races in Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Malaysia - but no race in France? It's like a bad joke.

Every year, I'm surprised that Spa or Silverstone hasn't yet been replaced with the Grand Prix de Pyongyang.

I wonder if this could reverse the trend of replacing the traditional European F1 races with ones located in 3rd world dictatorships with zero motorsports heritage.

We have F1 races in Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Malaysia - but no race in France? It's like a bad joke.

Every year, I'm surprised that Spa or Silverstone hasn't yet been replaced with the Grand Prix de Pyongyang.
In fact to hpnour Ferrari that is the only team to enter all seasons of F1 and the most winning team Too they took away Imola and there is Always the risk that they could took away Monza that is one of the oldest permanent circuits ever...
It's normal that people then leave F1 to watch MotoGP or WEC or other races...

Not before time, this corrupt senile muppet should have gone a long time ago, he is one of the reasons F1 is hemorrhaging fans. Hopefully we will also see Sky's contract kicked in to touch at the earliest opportunity now that Liberty Media (owners of VM) are in charge.

If it becomes more accessible to the general public the fans will be back also you will get the youth back in and that will be good in the long term. Charging €20+ for online access app, each season !!!! no kid is going to do that!

Maybe so but I'm sure his business interest will come first, they are hardly likely to want a competitor having the rights to their product. Also unless I'm mistaken Murdoch doesn't currently own or have anything to do with SkyTV, AFAIK he is currently trying to buy it back?

You are mistaken as the Murdochs currently own a "controlling interest" in Sky (40%) and are trying to buy the rest. James Murdoch is running Sky again now.

I guess Bernie will go and spend his multi billions now in retirement but some how don't see him quitting quite that easily.

Do you know he gets a £60m annual payment from one of the wives he divorced but she got him for almost $1.2 billion so guess he is feeling the pinch.

Doubtless this new guy will bring his own stamp to F1 but I doubt progress will be rapid many of these things are decided years in advance I am guessing it won't be a quick fix but a gradual progression.

I agree with others having just finished reading " Total Competition" I agree Ross Brawn will be a significant presence in the way forward under Liberty regarding many aspects of the F1 future plan let's hope they find a way to reignite the passion of fans who can't afford the huge ticket prices or PPV TV may be internet streaming could be one way forward and introduce millions more across the world.

All I do know is they need to inject more excitement in to the competition as apart from a couple of races last season and in fact the past few seasons their has been little to get the pulses racing like there was in the past.

Before Bernie took control of F1 it was a mess. Maybe not the racing on the track but behind the scenes it needed to be sorted out badly and he managed to do it with great success. Yes he controls F1 with a firm grip but the teams are sometimes like little school children who throw their toys out of the pram at every opportunity. I admire him for achieving this if nothing else.

Of course what's happened in recent history is the enormous budgets that have to be spent to survive in this sport. As we discussed on another post, almost none of the circuits make any money out of holding a grand prix anymore such is the level of the expenses and cost of being allowed to stage one. For one thing Liberty Media need to sort this out over the next few years. Whether they will though remains to be seen as there are many a country still willing to pay umpteen million to hold a race.

I won't criticise Bernie about the cars, that's down to the FIA and their rule book. He doesn't have much control over that.

However it is his responsibility to run the "business" that is F1 and yes I think it's about time he moved on.

Hopefully things like support for smaller teams will be made better, entry fees for circuits will be made less (both for the circuit and the people attending) so to at least allow them to make a profit.

My only worry is Liberty Media are just that, a media company. So probably say hello to things like online broadcasts, social media, Youtube videos, etc. But don't expect it to be free, they are in it to make money as well so I can't see much changing on that side of things. It would be funny though if all of a sudden F1 turns into WWF....:laugh:

Probably the best thing for the sport is to bin him :) his time was long over due. Times have changed don't think he understands new media, but he did got the cash flow into the sport. If anyone has read his bio book you can tell he's one arrogant little ****, only read about 1/3 of the book closed it never went back :mad:

I don't want Cheerleaders,fireworks and Beyonce singing the national anthem.I just want good racing.

More likely to end up with more of the former and less of the later sadly money is the sole concern of these people. I think a two race format will be high on the agenda as more younger people have the attention span of flea.

On top of that expect to see more exposure and licensing deals, sponsorship deals, advertising, video's and merchandising hopefully Ross can help make the actual racing more competitive and bring the teams closer together on the grid and race track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back