Ecclestone Mother-in-Law Rescued by Police in Brazil

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
bernie.jpg

Following the news that Bernie Ecclestone's Mother-in-Law, Aparecida Schunck, was reportedly abducted and held to ransom in her home county of Brazil, Police in Sao Paulo have now confirmed Ms Schunck has been returned to her family unharmed.

The 67 year old was kidnaped last week with a reputed demand for Ecclestone to pay a record £28m payment for her safe return. However following a police operation, Ms Schunck has been safely returned and no monies have been transferred.

Two suspects have been detained and are in local police custody. It is thought police were able to track down the kidnappers to a remote farmhouse on the outskirts of Sao Paulo after tracking telephone communications between the kidnappers and her family.

Ecclestone was present at the Hockenheim circuit after being advised to remain out of Brazil for the duration of the police operation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably on the contrary of many people, i feel much relieved by this news. :thumbsup:
So, his mother–in–law is nearly 20 years younger than him? But we know that uncle Bernie is a charming man. Isn't he? :roflmao:

View attachment 146516
Following the news that Bernie Ecclestone's Mother-in-Law, Aparecida Schunck, was reportedly abducted and held to ransom in her home county of Brazil, Police in Sao Paulo have now confirmed Ms Schunck has been returned to her family unharmed.

The 67 year old was kidnaped last week with a reputed demand for Ecclestone to pay a record £28m payment for her safe return. However following a police operation Ms Schunck has been safely returned and no monies have been transferred as the two suspects have been detained in local police custody.

It is thought police were able to track down the kidnappers to a remote farmhouse on the outskirts of Sao Paulo after tracking telephone communications between the kidnappers and her family.
See, a reason why not to pay.

I heard Bernie has fired the kidnappers for getting caught so quickly. Just can't get the staff these days apparently. ;):whistling::D

Last edited:
The whole thing seemed pretty amateurish, the kidnappers asked for 37 million dollars in cash, a quick Google search of what a million dollars in 100 dollars bills looks like in terms of size and weight shows they hadn't really thought it through. They would have needed a forklift and and a couple of articulated lorries to cart it away. I think they even asked for it to be supplied in 4 separate plastic bags.

Glad she's ok though.

Last edited:
The whole thing seemed pretty amateurish, the kidnappers asked for 37 million dollars in cash, a quick Google search of what a million dollars in 100 dollars bills looks like in terms of size and weight shows they hadn't really thought it through. They would have needed a forklift and and a couple of articulated lorries to cart it away. I think they even asked for it to be supplied in 4 separate plastic bags.
Glad she's ok though.
You seems to have quite some experience in this ..profession. :D
I'm glad my mother in law doesn't live near you.

Or is she ? :confused:

:laugh:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%