ECCI | Official Support Thread

I just fell in love with this system.... it has no convencional force feedback with electromotors as we know, but all the effects are provided with mechanical pistons, dampers and springs...

It is the formula 1 for simulator controls for me.... and with shipping from US you can have it in Europe for only 1599$... :)
Of course the wheel itself you can have it at least in 15 different shape and colour, as you wish, i liked this the most....

I think when i got home i will immediately try to turn off force feedback on my G25, curious what will happen....

6000MT1_50.jpg

6000_11_m.jpg

• deafmetal

ECCI 6000 MT

Great thread, glad I found it!! I'm looking at the Trackstar 6000MT Multi-Turn System. Been saving up a long while, and my MS FF wheel is at the end of it's life. Got over 6 years out of it amazingly!! And had another MS FF wheel before that. Time to move up to the nice stuff, although I don't have the fancy seat, so hopefully my desk will support the wheel (it should).

So how is your 6000 holding up? Any other feedback about it? Do you race iRacing, that's what I'll be primarily using it for, and rFactor. Sorry for the questions, but once again, thank you for the thread, good pics and info!!

Rob

Upvote 0
  • deafmetal

If you download and really read over the user's manual you'll be amazed at all the configuration and tailoring options available. Wish all wheel sets had that much customization to them!!

Upvote 0
Great thread, glad I found it!! I'm looking at the Trackstar 6000MT Multi-Turn System. Been saving up a long while, and my MS FF wheel is at the end of it's life. Got over 6 years out of it amazingly!! And had another MS FF wheel before that. Time to move up to the nice stuff, although I don't have the fancy seat, so hopefully my desk will support the wheel (it should).

So how is your 6000 holding up? Any other feedback about it? Do you race iRacing, that's what I'll be primarily using it for, and rFactor. Sorry for the questions, but once again, thank you for the thread, good pics and info!!

Rob

My friend used one for ages, loved it. It was built like a tank, reall solid bits of kit, not likely to break. But he likes the G25 FFB much more and is a bit faster with one, but if your looking for a tank like wheel that will last forever, ECCI is the way to go.

Upvote 0
I would love to buy an ECCI for the reasons Damian describes! Solid piece of equipment that last for year and years.
The only thing that bothers me is the absense of FFB. Once they build that in solidly, i am their man :D

Upvote 0
Funny ... many of the FWD fast boys (Atti especially) report driving with FFB OFF as being quicker - for me in the GTP's, I couldn't imagine it tbvh, and an element of the immersion would be missing.

FFB ECCI's ... now there is something to dream of tho ... :worship:

Upvote 0
Dont hold your breath to it, they said that they are able to make FFB, but since the only way it can work is via USB port, and as the nature of it it has its fractional delay of data transmitting, hence the FFB effect would be always delayed compared to the real happenings, so it is not perfect solution, and they are not going to give out a not perfect solution to their standard. Although i am just repeating what i heard from them around half year ago.

Btw, my wheel and pedals are doing perfect, performance is the same as the day i first tried it, not a single glitch, it is built for eternity it seems. :)

Upvote 0
  • deafmetal

Thank you guys. I turned off FF on my MS Sidewinder wheel years ago, and found it was MUCH faster with it off. Sure there's a bit of imagination required, but you can sense the "feel" of the car simply by what you see on the screen vs what your arms/hands are doing.

Upvote 0
I turned off FF on my MS Sidewinder wheel years ago, and found it was MUCH faster with it off.

THe sidwinder FFB is not the best though let's be honest, not compared to a G25 or Fanatec wheel for example. Once you felt good FFB and got use it it's hard to turn it back off unless it so happens your driving is just simply faster with no FFB.

I would be very happy to own a ECCI though, FFB or not.

Upvote 0
THe sidwinder FFB is not the best though let's be honest, not compared to a G25 or Fanatec wheel for example. Once you felt good FFB and got use it it's hard to turn it back off unless it so happens your driving is just simply faster with no FFB.

I would be very happy to own a ECCI though, FFB or not.

:plus1: ... :laugh2:

BTW ... on Simbin titles I find G25 FFB absolutely stunning - I moved from a still good Logi Momo Force, but the difference is like night and day ... in RWD's I can really feel the wheels braking loose and catch slides these days, much more accurately than in the past.

RE: USB delays etc, quite honestly I think no matter what happens when you are sim-racing, especially online, there is always going to be some kind of delays and misinformation your head has to recalibrate to.

As I said elsewhere in the past though - to me it comes back to the immersion and enjoyment ... I might be able to react by turning the wheel quicker without ffb, or have a better view of the road ahead and as such be much faster racing in something like Swingman view, but that's not sim-racing for me personally, so I will continue to enjoy the realism I believe my "ideals" bring, at least till I start getting paid to go faster, which is about the only time I could potentially afford an ECCI wheel anyway, so all completely hypothetical to me :laugh2:

Upvote 0
I'm seraching for more info on the ECCI Tracstar 7000 FFB.

I have seen the video's from SRT and private people, but all are very early just after released. I'm looking for a year to date evaluation,
and hopefully Pro's and Cons.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that video Pro....So I understand you are convinced re: the ECCI...and you need to sell off those frex'es.

I would like to ask you, The key points that convinced you the most to own one?

I seem to be in mixed feelings about this wheel...I know it is of high quality build and that attracks me ...but its programming is a wonder...ie: compatability.

And just as important to me is the feel...I reading it not like the FFB your G25, G27's ect produce because of this belt driven system..
..also I'm reading it reads the physics of a mod but it interprets them differently and so on.

I rather collect info from end users at this point But if John from ECCI wants to Pm me thats great as well.
I would buy this wheel at a blink..but when I can't feel it for myself I need that extra info.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back