1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eccelstone proposes shortcuts

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Ross Balfour, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

He is offically lost his mind!

Next drivers will be able to drop mushrooms and bananas from their cars to slow others down judging by the way things are going!

2. Dragos Haba

Dragos Haba
    #9 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

You know how to make it more interesting?
    Stop making stupid rules, give them a reasonable budget, get rid of all the stupid rules you've previously put on the sport that made it DIE and see what happens...
  3. Yea lets ruin some more Tracks:eh:! Eccelstone is such a nalse its unreal!
  4. I understand his idea, but it's not really a solution.
    Will anyone try to pass if he can use a shortcut 5 times in a race?
    It's not really different than passing using pit-stop strategy in my opinion. Exciting on one side, but on the other, we can't see any good fights.
    Also I can't imagine how people could make it safe, also in times when we have no money, why would we build totally new sections to all F1 circuits?

We only need more drivers like Kobayashi, and we'll see passes!
  5. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

This is ruin overtaking, not promoting them.
  6. And dangerous as well.
    Traffic lights will then be needed to avoid accidents :)
  7. why not move it directly to a open road? best would be at work traffic times, overtaking should be no problem then at all :p
  8. What happened to putting a load of the best racing drivers in the world in high powered racing cars on a track together and letting them get on with it??
  9. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Modded tracks :)
  10. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

What's next ? Gravel Tires ? :O
  11. LOL :D He wants more overtaking? OK, then go back to ground effect and add plain wings, that is enough.
  12. I have never heard such a ridiculous idea in all my life.
  13. stupid idea, next it will be "Bernie proposes missiles and guns to be fitted on F1 cars"
  14. Bernie must have had a Wii and a copy of Mario Kart for Christmas
  15. I think we've probably underestimated Bernie, ithink it's a clever idea, not the short cuts thing but the idea of it. I think Bernie comes up with these air brained idea's to get people talking about F1 and generate publicity.
    Is was about this time last year that he wanted to bring in the medals scheme wasn't it. :)
  16. I dropped my jaws just after hearing this on another forum.

Seriously Bernie, enough! :( You even haven't paid for ruining Donington (and many others)!