1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC Sim Hardware Advanced physics mod for WRC3

Discussion in 'WRC 4 The Game' started by Lee Ross, Oct 17, 2012.

1. EC Sim Hardware are working on a sounds, physics and FFB mod for this title. If they pull it off it could be good. I really like this game already because it's fun. But it's the stages more than the physics IMO that make it challenging, the physics are quite forgiving. This looks very promising in general for WRC3 fans, remember guys RBR started out without mods and it was the mods that made it what it was. WRC3 looks promising already with regards to mods

• Like Like x 3
  2. Can't wait for this, I hope it's not too far off from some kind of release!

3. ooooo.. me like :)

4. Ok, so... when they are done with the mod... I can download some software and get more realistic handling? Or do I need their hardware in order to use their mods? It's not clear to me how I could benefit from this upcoming mod.

5. I really hope it gets rid of the speed sensitive steering. It's annoying to have my wheel at full lock but the in game wheel won't turn past 30 degrees.

6. Supposedly, reading the youtube comments, this is more than just a tweak to grip levels and such. They said they are working with the physics model, including the steering to remove the deadzone and speed sensitive crap.

Really hope they nail this and get it out soon!

7. Another one, this time RWD @ Monte. This is looking really good, I can't wait till it's released!

8. Pardon my undoubtedly utter ignorance ;) but when you say this is 'looking really good', I wonder what I have to look at...? Because to me this video and all others related to this mod look exactly like the game I already have... ;)

9. The way the car moves, the physics. You can tell it slides MUCH more and behaves more realistically than the normal physics, which on an icy Monte Carlo stage this looks about right.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Update on EC's Facebook -

"We keep working really hard into the ADVANCED Physics Engine during our free times.

Main surfaces and tyre parameters feels in the good way and now, we are focusing into the each specific car physics.

There, we will study and aply the msot important parameters for each car like:

- Mass
    - Inertia
    - Gearbox element & ratio
    - Suspension specs and height
    - Etc ...

Right now, the average code changes are seted around 70 files and 15.000 lines ...

Step by step."

11. Thank you for the heads up Patrick :)

12. Great work for sure, who ever is doing it!

The icy stages look much more slippery, I was disappointed when I first drove the monte carlo stages, so much grip on the tarmac.

13. double post

14. New updates:

If you want to comment check out their Facebook -
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/EC-Sim-Hardware/259484127461619?ref=ts&fref=ts

15. i wonder if the EC guys can fix the sound problems when using G37 headset no engine sound from car ??? because the games devs look like they couldn’t give a $***
    not one patch yet the games 2 weeks old

16. andrew try to change the audio settings in windows put 2.0 or 2.1 in control panel, i had a similar problem in rbr i had 5.1 or 7.1 in windows and didnt listen to codrive cause it wasnt asigned to front speakers same in game look through menus and choose 2.1 or 2.0

17. cant see this opption for 2.0 or 2.1 im using G37 USB head set nothing in the logitech gaming profie as well it works fine with speakers

18. look inside control panel in windows the sound/audio options look for your soundcard and configure it as 2.1 2.0

19. i use on board sound and the g35 has its own built in sound card and theres no opption in the headset softwaer to change this to 2.0/2.1 its a 7.1 head set and the game should support this but the devs didnt think that some plp would want to use a USB head set