Easy backup?

I plan on formatting this computer very soon and I was wondering if there is a way to backup iRacing so that I do not have to download everything all over again. Thanks for any knowledge in this area!

In the 'My Documents' directory, look for the iRacing folder and then make backups of the 'Cars' and 'Tracks' folders.

Regards the iRacing Service installer, probably best to download that from the site once you're back up and running after formatting, to make sure you get the latest version, especially as there is a new build on the horizon.

;-)

Like Daz said look in the "my documents" folder and you will see the iracing folder. You can burn that whole folder to a cd, although it does not contain the cars and tracks folder like Daz mention. It does however have your replays, paints and must importantly your setups folder. The main folder in your "program files" folder has the cars and tracks, but I always redownload that thru iracing. Once you have your clean install you can replace the iracing folder in your my documents with the backup that you saved. I think the only thing I had to do afterwards was recali, my wheel, padels and shifter but all other mapped buttons were saved.

Ok made sure that the folders were saved that had all the good stuff such as replays and paints in them. I have most of my work software back up and running and I plan on just starting the download tonight for iRacing while I sleep. I also made a backup of the actual program files iRacing as well. So maybe I won't have to re-download all the cars and tracks. Our internet sucks here... lol...

A little side note here: Backing up the My Documents iRacing folder, and the program files iRacing folder works.

Run the small installer
Copy the backed up files back to where they were
Go racing...

Works like a charm...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%