PC1 Ease of Gamepad Use?

Has anyone with access to the game thus far tried using a gamepad? There has been a continual line from the devs that it is being designed with controllers partially in mind from the very beginning for those that wish to use them. The difficulty of using my controller is the primary reason I have not been able to really dive into AC. Has anyone tried CARS with a gamepad yet? Does it feel like they intended for gamepad use?

I primarily use a wheel but occasionally try a new pCARS build with an Xbox gamepad. To me, AC has the best gamepad control of any racing game I have every tried, and I have tried a ton of PC racing sims and console games (GT, FM, and more). Maybe you need to tweak a bit to get AC to work better for you.
With that said, the gamepad control in pCARS to me is not up to the level of AC's "yet", but this has been a hot topic on the WMD forums and SMS is currently working on improving the gamepad controls.

I primarily use a wheel but occasionally try a new pCARS build with an Xbox gamepad. To me, AC has the best gamepad control of any racing game I have every tried, and I have tried a ton of PC racing sims and console games (GT, FM, and more). Maybe you need to tweak a bit to get AC to work better for you.
With that said, the gamepad control in pCARS to me is not up to the level of AC's "yet", but this has been a hot topic on the WMD forums and SMS is currently working on improving the gamepad controls.

You'd think they would have to since it is also on consoles. How could they possibly not get that right? And for AC, I have twittled with the settings a lot. I just can't get it right. Gamepads definitely seem better for arcade or simcade like Codemaster's F1 games. Works fine, there.

You'd think they would have to since it is also on consoles. How could they possibly not get that right? And for AC, I have twittled with the settings a lot. I just can't get it right. Gamepads definitely seem better for arcade or simcade like Codemaster's F1 games. Works fine, there.

Hot tip if the day BUY A WHEEL :thumbsup:

I'm sure they will get game pad support sorted out, lots of testing right now
(just the one thread in WMD forum called "Xbox 360 controller" has 141 pages and
1408 posts in it, and it's not coming out on the 360 lol).

I read a mention of gamepad pre-sets in another thread here.

For anyone in the know - do the controller pre-sets affect the sensitivity of the steering, braking and throttle? Or are the pre-sets just configuring different functions to different buttons etc?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 332 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years