1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

US [Early] RS500 Group A @ Barbagallo - Tuesday, Feb 24th

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dragos Haba, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Dragos Haba

Dragos Haba
    #9 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

RS500.png Notes:
    • Pick-up Event!
    • Password is sent via PM on Forums (or on TS if you are signed up and request it)
    • Minimum number of sign ups required for event to go ahead: 6
    • TC & ABS: Factory | Stability Control: OFF | Starting Grip: 97%
    Cars: Sierra RS500 Group A (Download)
    Track: Barbagallo (Download)

Practice: 01:00 GMT | 20:00 EST | 17:00 PST
    Qualifying: 02:00 GMT | 21:00 EST | 18:00 PST
    Race 1: 02:15 GMT | 21:15 EST | 18:15 PST (15 Laps | Standing Start)
    Race 2: ~02:35 GMT | 21:35 EST | 18:35 PST (10 Laps | Reverse grid - Rolling Start)

Special notes
    • Second race is reverse order grid (rolling start) of race 1 result. The winner of the first race will start last at the second race etc. To make this possible, we will perform a formation lap at the start of the 2nd race, where everyone will take their place.
    • Ample time will be given for all to finish the race, no need to exit the server after race 1 is complete.
    • Sessions will be reset and skipped to Race 2, after which the above will take place.

Racing Club Rules: click here
    Teamspeak Password:click here
    Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here

Our racing clubs are first and foremost meant for gaining online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination.This is not a league race, it's not about who wins, it's for some fun.

Priority access
    In case of a large amount of sign-ups premium members are given priority access to enter this event.

Entry List: (30 Grid slots available)
    1. Dragos Haba
    2. Russell Sobie
    3. Keith_G
    4. Ryan Ogurek
    5. Geof
    6. Stereo
    7. Sun Levi
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver
    27. Driver
    28. Driver
    29. Driver
    30. Driver

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. I don't know the car, nor the track, but the format sounds interesting, so put me down for a slot! These Tuesday club races are perfect for my current schedule. Now if one of you guys would organize one for Friday nights too. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dragos Haba

Dragos Haba

Since the server is non-booking, I'll make sure to put it up early so that anyone wanting to practice will have lots of time. I'll also be on there helping out if I'm needed.

4. Cool. I tried the combo out a bit last night... and it's a challenging car to control. I'm currently unable to get under a minute laptime, but I'm sure its possible. Do you have a good starting setup for this car/track already? No matter how many times I do setup alterations, I always seem to make a mess of it... and the default sure doesn't feel like it is optimal.

5. Dragos Haba

Dragos Haba

@Russell Sobie I drove the car myself with the stock setup, but i think the shortest gears for the car are good. other than that and my FFB i didn't change anything.

6. Keith_G

Keith_G
    Premium Member

Sign me up Please. Like Russell I haven't done either of these but looking forward to something new!

7. Dragos Haba

Dragos Haba

@Keith_G, it's precisely what I was thinking when I thought of the combination!

8. Dragos Haba

Dragos Haba

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek
    Editor / Automotive News Staff

Okay, Okay. I'm in. :D

10. Keith_G

Keith_G
    Premium Member

It is certainly a fun car and track! Very different so I like it.

11. Matt

Matt
    Premium Member

There's something wrong with the FFB settings in this car around the centre. It "knocks" when changing direction, almost like it's trying to click into centre before going past centre. This might not be an issue for a wheel like the G27 that has a dead zone in the middle, but it's down right horrible on the clubsport v2. I don't know if I'll have the time to setup my second rig with the G27 before race start.

12. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek

@Dragos Haba

Has anyone tested this since the 1.0.5 update today? The original 1.1 beta they accidentally released broke all modded cars.

13. Matt

Matt
    Premium Member

1.0.5? I'm only seeing 1.02

14. Dragos Haba

Dragos Haba

works just fine, hence the practice server!

15. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek

Then you need to update your AC :).

16. Keith_G

Keith_G
    Premium Member

I was driving it yesterday with a clubsport v1 and had no trouble. Maybe it was the update. haven't tried it today.

17. Geof

Geof
    I never lose. Either I win, or I learn. Staff Premium Member

Sign me in, pls.
    Thx.

18. If we don't get six in the next 1.5 hours, I'm going to need to back out to make other plans for this evening.

19. I have a previous event to atend. Thats why I didnt signed.
    I hope you guys can get a good crowd. :)

20. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

I'll sign up, not sure what the pick-up means though, just that there's no booking hour ahead of time?