PC2 Early Project CARS 2 Trailer Leaked?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS 2 Trailer 2.png

An interesting video has surfaced on the internet recently that could quite possibly be the first leaked trailer for the upcoming Project CARS 2 game from Slightly Mad Studios.

We all know the sequel to the highly popular Project CARS is in the works with an expected release date for some time during 2017, however could the below video be the very first leaked trailer from the new game? Ok hands up, I seriously have no idea if this is an official video or not, but man it looks impressive. The video, doing the rounds on the internet as we speak, features some of the first moving footage from the new game that I have seen so far. The one and a half minutes of footage gives us a first look at some new for PCARS2 goodies like snow conditions, changeable wind directions, rain build-up improvements and several new forms of racing and brands associated with the upcoming title.

From what I can make out from the newly leaked video it appears PC2 might well have one or two interesting new vehicles in the car line-up come release, with several Porsche's and Ferrari's having already made brief appearances in other leaked images, alongside such heavyweight manufacturers as Lamborghini, McLaren and Mercedes. Looking through the breakdown of the trailer above, we can see the McLaren P1 GTR, McLaren F1 GTR, Ford GT, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Mini Countryman Rallycross, Ford Raptor Truck, Ford Capri Zakspeed, Ferrari 288 GTO, Nissan Fairlady, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe, Porsche 918, La Ferrari and the Jaguar XJ220. Please be aware, this trailer is by no means confirmed as official footage, and by all accounts the final game may not contain any or all of the vehicles depicted in the footage.

If we take what we've seen as correct from the above video, and add to this some of the cars we've already found in the game via other leaked screenshots, we are already starting to get an interesting picture of a wide variety of machinery that might make it into the new game from Slightly Mad Studios.

With the recent images leaks showing off a Ford Sierra Cosworth touring car, Mercedes A-Class, Ford Fiesta Rallycross and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo it appears that SMS are looking to cover a wide range of cars from different disciplines of racing and eras of production. I'm a fan of the classic cars myself, so those vehicles with a Group 5 leaning or the Sierra from 80's touring car racing both hold particular interest for me.

Other noteworthy things to take from the trailer include what appears to be the ability to bring snow conditions to the standard circuit racing tracks, with Brands Hatch used as an example in the video to show off the new weather feature. This is interesting as we very rarely see these kinds of conditions make an appearance outside of rally games. It will be interesting to see how Project CARS 2 simulates these conditions on a traditional tarmac racing surface.

Project CARS 2 is due for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC during 2017.

PCARS 2 Trailer 3.png
PCARS 2 Trailer 4.png
PCARS 2 Trailer 5.png
PCARS 2 Trailer.png

Check out the Project CARS Series forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

Are you looking forward to Project CARS 2? Will you be trying out the game on launch later this year? Let us know in the comments section below!

We all know the sequel to the highly popular Project CARS

Most people on RD seem to hate it from what I read :D

Are you looking forward to Project CARS 2?

I'm super pumped for it to be honest. I really enjoyed the first game (it's one of the best racing games on the market for console). There is so many cool features that it could be the most complete racing game in history if they get it right. Rally and RallyCross sounds exciting, and it'll be great to compare the amount of content and the physics to that of DiRT rally. Also interesting to see snowy/icy conditions around a normal track. I definitely will be buying (I hope they implement a championship mode as well with the game, so you can create your own single player championships outside of career mode. That was a big feature I was disappointed to see left out on PCars 1. I also hope they can sort out issues they had with the ovals and get them implemented at some point

Although I'm now bang into R3E and AMS, I personally loved Project Cars on PC using a pad but only up until I bought my T300RS. I researched deeply into FFB settings for this game and the wheel but could never make it feel good enough to make me want to play it anymore. If they can get the FFB sorted and simplified in PC2 I'll definitely be buying it.

The guy from the vid has no idea about cars what so ever :roflmao:
stoked for the game :) something like taking an AMG on this icy track on a frozen lake. Wished for those kind of game modes for a long time. Not always boring track racing, but bring some variation, some "Top-Geary" (or should i say Grand-Toury now?) stuff in. Especially for single player such a variation is great.
Something like that SUV racing in a limestone quary you could see in the last Grand tour episode.
Plenty of arcade fun racers out there with this kind of gameplay, but i am totally uninterested in those kind of games.
Just waiting for a Sim to deliver those kind of experiences...
By the looks of it Project Cars 2 looks like a decent start :)

up until I bought my T300RS. I researched deeply into FFB settings for this game and the wheel but could never make it feel good enough to make me want to play it anymore.
I feel sorry for you, i have the exact same wheel, and i got the FFB bang on (better then AC, pretty close to R3E in general feel-->feeling the weight of the car). Was quite some work though, with different tweak files, and needing to adjust every single car to it. But it was worth it. Hoping for an easier way to "get it right" in PC 2, definitely.

I'll believe when I see it. Still waiting for that Indianapolis and the Audi A4 from the PCars beta.

If it's good, great! If doesn't live up to the hype, whatever. The sun will be out the next day, the Earth will still be turning. No biggie.

Ok, so they've gone full simcade now? So Project cars is now in the same ball park as Forza and previous GT series? So far, GT Sport seems to have better graphics and Forza ain't bad either.

Physics matters, but good visual graphics has its value. I just hope they do not abuse on motion blur again.. If there is an improvement in physics and content I will probably check it out later but they will never get my money from launch sales.

PCars really hooked me up in the beginning. Sounds, graphics, the atmosphere, everything was going just great. Then I had enough time to experiment with the physics of this game. Then my opinion about the game greatly changed. I have a feeling that the strategy with the first games trailer is exactly the same as this second one. Hype people, increase marketshare. Work on the trailer more than the actual game. I like and hate PCars at the same time. It could have been such a great sim, but no it has to be a simcade.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back