Early 80's Goodyear tyres

Something for the vintage car lovers...
sgoodyearv20.jpg

*includes with and without "EAGLE" on tyre wall
*options have red marks (in case you forget what you fitted)

I'm not exactly sure when these tyres were used. These tyre walls were used from the 80's to the early 90's.
Some teams had the "EAGLE" on, some did not.

The tyre treads were based on cars of 1983. The wets are actual Goodyear "Gatorback" treads. I don't think they had inters back then (I may be wrong), so I used the AVON treads used in historic races.

I've also seen these tyres fitted the other way around, with the tread apex pointing backwards. I'm not sure which way is really the correct way.

These may differ from what you remember in the early 80's. It was a time where F1 was very dynamic and open to various technologies.(which made it more interesting)

thanks and enjoy.:)

*3/15/2012 update 1.0 to 1.5- updated tyre wall textures
*3/15/2012 2nd update 1.5 to 2.0- improved tyre spin blur
v15update.jpg

alternative link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ccwdipymidw1xi7

Download link:

Something for the vintage car lovers...
sgoodyear.jpg
*includes with and without "EAGLE" on tyre wall
*options have red marks (in case you forget what you fitted)

I'm not exactly sure when these tyres were used. These tyre walls were used from the 80's to the early 90's.

Some teams had the "EAGLE" on, some did not. The tyre treads were based on cars of 1983. The wets are actual Goodyear treads. I don't think they had inters back then (I may be wring), so I used the AVON treads used in historic races.

I've also seen these tyres fitted the other way around, with the tread apex pointing backwards. I'm not sure which way is really the correct way.

These may differ from what you remember in the early 80's. It was a time where F1 was very dynamic and open to various technologies.(which made it more interesting)

thanks and enjoy.:)

alternative link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?a2yal89r4y7484z

Download link:

Great job aagancia

the first car of the RETRO PROJECT with your formidable goodyear tyres is w.i.p.!
thanks so lot aagancia.
see this in the w.i.p. thread

Thanks to your screen shots, I noticed something I forgot to do on those tyres. I forgot to make the tyre wall textures. What I released had pure black color behind the Goodyear logo.

I'll release an update soon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years