E-Racing Labs Kit

Looking at purchasing this but have a concern over power issues. It states that the drivers are 15amp and there would be 4 of them connected to a UK mains?Is this a problem or only when they draw full power, which I assume they never would.

Would there be a risk of blowing fuses etc with this and all other sim stuff and pc connected.

Could I loop the power terminals together so it only uses 1 plug rather than 4 separate ones?

Anyone who has this system in Uk any advice appreciated.

Looking at purchasing this but have a concern over power issues. It states that the drivers are 15amp and there would be 4 of them connected to a UK mains?Is this a problem or only when they draw full power, which I assume they never would.

Would there be a risk of blowing fuses etc with this and all other sim stuff and pc connected.

Could I loop the power terminals together so it only uses 1 plug rather than 4 separate ones?

Anyone who has this system in Uk any advice appreciated.
Not sure quite which product you have in mind but this page about one of their offerings seems to mention 15 amps for the driver current.
Perhaps you are concerned because mains plugs in the UK are fused for 13 amps? If so, fear not - the current delivered by the driver is not coming directly from the mains at 240 VAC, but instead via power conversion electronics and will be at a different voltage.

The power rating for the product I linked above is only 750 watts, which is much less than can be delivered from a single UK plug (roughly 3000 watts). Four of those would nominally still fit within a single 13A plug's capabilities, though it would be at the high end of the allowable range.

Adding your rig on top of four drivers would make it quite likely to exceed the sensible limit for a single plug at times, so it would make sense to split the load over at least 2 plugs. (For info, mains rings in UK households normally have 30 amp breakers.)

I don't have any of this kit myself and ideally someone with the kit will confirm their experiences, but if not you can always ask the company for advice.

(Fun fact I recently learned: a UK-certified 13A fuse used at room temperature can carry 20A indefinitely without blowing :))

I have those and I live in Switzerland. I think we have also the EU Standard. I can tell you the following: If I have my computer running (13900K & 4090 all Watercooled with 2 Screens) and I turn on all the servos at the same time with Thanos (everything connected to the same power outlet plug) there is a 30% chance that the FI circuit braker will be activated. Then I was going in the cellar and just switched it on again. The system was running then without causing any issues anymore. To overcome this problem I just start the whole rig and afterwards my PC. This never cause any issue. What also helped was using 2 different power outlets in the room. But as I said: First start the rig with the motors and afterwards start your pc.. this way I did not face any issues. When both is up and running I never faced power problems even under heavy load and Buttkickers etc. turned on.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 80 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.5%