E-mail notifications not working

Peter Decker

PrestoGP Veteran
Hi guys,
I made a quick search and just found some much older threads, so here goes.

For a couple of months now I havent received any e-mails with notifications about neither new threads nor new messages in threads. This is at the PrestoGP forum. I think it started at the same time as some layout changes of the whole site. No mails in the spam-box. Have tried to de- and reactivate instant notifications. I think I have all boxes ticked in personal settings for even private conversations.

Does anyone have any tips? Would be greatly appreciated. Could there be problems sending to hotmail?

And if it's already been highlighted, I'm sorry.

Hey Peter,
Thanks for you report, we currently are in the process of fixing the issue you are describing. We hope to have some results soon. I will keep you posted.

Hi guys,
I made a quick search and just found some much older threads, so here goes.

For a couple of months now I havent received any e-mails with notifications about neither new threads nor new messages in threads. This is at the PrestoGP forum. I think it started at the same time as some layout changes of the whole site. No mails in the spam-box. Have tried to de- and reactivate instant notifications. I think I have all boxes ticked in personal settings for even private conversations.

Does anyone have any tips? Would be greatly appreciated. Could there be problems sending to hotmail?

And if it's already been highlighted, I'm sorry.
It should be sorted now, it is still possible that some mails don't come through but that will get better.

Alright, thanks for response! I changed from hotmail to gmail earlier today actually, having got no mails to hotmail until today. Is there some way to just test if any kind of mail can be sent to the newly set gmail? There seems to have been no confirmation mail this time (not always set to happen, right?) - maybe since Ive had gmail set before. So, could I by some command "test-send" a mail? Thanks.

Alright, thanks for response! I changed from hotmail to gmail earlier today actually, having got no mails to hotmail until today. Is there some way to just test if any kind of mail can be sent to the newly set gmail? There seems to have been no confirmation mail this time (not always set to happen, right?) - maybe since Ive had gmail set before. So, could I by some command "test-send" a mail? Thanks.
Put this thread on watch, and turn on the email notifications. Then give me a tag and I will reply.

@Frank I had put it on email watch before your post yesterday. This morning at 7.19 CET a mail arrived, as well as a couple of others about last nights happenings. Are the emails set to be sent by delay nowadays or is something still buggering?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 95 13.8%