• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

dynamic weather settings

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by 2829vicky, Jan 14, 2012.

1. 2829vicky

2829vicky

Ratings:
    +1
    I am playing career mode and I get too many races with heavy rainfall.
    The problem is that the rain is always 100% in the race session with the same intensity.... It feels frustating to drive the whole rain on with the same rain condition.... It does not lighten nor do I get wet to dry race...
    Does anyone know how to change that???

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,513
    Bump! Can anybody help the OP?

3. trukrdad

trukrdad

Ratings:
    +1
    I play career on Xbox and i save after every race then if i dont get weather like i want i just exit the game thru xbox and reload the game.weather then changes .sometimes it may take multiple loads to get the result you want.I prefer wet Q and Races.some races you get no rain such as in the desert.

4. 2829vicky

2829vicky

Ratings:
    +1
    Any better solution???

5. trukrdad

trukrdad

Ratings:
    +1
    i didnt realize you played on PC. probably go thru the files and find something. and i rarely get 100% for the weekend let alone all of it heavy rain. on occasion i can get 100% for a race but i prefer to get some dry to have to pit for slicks.

6. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +588
    You can try editing the database.bin file, using Ryders database editor. There is a tab with all the weather settings. It's a while since I looked at it, but on the tab is the probability percentage for each track, for heavy rain, light rain, cloud, sun. I edited them very slightly to reduce rain but that was in the previous version prior to patch 1.2 so I don't know if this still works.
    Remember also to use a pre-patch flow.bin if you do this, to prevent the autosave problem.