1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dynamic weather settings

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by 2829vicky, Jan 14, 2012.

1. I am playing career mode and I get too many races with heavy rainfall.
    The problem is that the rain is always 100% in the race session with the same intensity.... It feels frustating to drive the whole rain on with the same rain condition.... It does not lighten nor do I get wet to dry race...
    Does anyone know how to change that???

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Bump! Can anybody help the OP?

3. I play career on Xbox and i save after every race then if i dont get weather like i want i just exit the game thru xbox and reload the game.weather then changes .sometimes it may take multiple loads to get the result you want.I prefer wet Q and Races.some races you get no rain such as in the desert.

4. Any better solution???

5. i didnt realize you played on PC. probably go thru the files and find something. and i rarely get 100% for the weekend let alone all of it heavy rain. on occasion i can get 100% for a race but i prefer to get some dry to have to pit for slicks.

6. You can try editing the database.bin file, using Ryders database editor. There is a tab with all the weather settings. It's a while since I looked at it, but on the tab is the probability percentage for each track, for heavy rain, light rain, cloud, sun. I edited them very slightly to reduce rain but that was in the previous version prior to patch 1.2 so I don't know if this still works.
    Remember also to use a pre-patch flow.bin if you do this, to prevent the autosave problem.