Dynamic Racing Line

There’ll come a time after v1.0 is released where people will start clamouring for features that are in other sims (primarily rFactor2) to be dropped into updates of Assetto Corsa. I’m thinking mainly at the minute of the dynamic racing line. No doubt it has not escaped the attention of Kunos, and they probably plan to incorporate something similar at a point in the future, wherever on their list of ‘Things To Do’ it comes. However, in my opinion it could be an easy or a complicated thing to include, depending on what it actually does, and I don’t think Kunos would want to waste time and money putting something in that does more than is required or wanted. My question is, would you be happy if such a feature was a visual effect only, or would you need it to be a physics effect as well? Or are would you be happy without it altogether? If it was visual only, it would seem to be a much simpler device to incorporate than simulating the full physical effects of rubber buildup, and it’d probably take less time to create too. Whilst I’m aware that the feature in rF2 is a pretty cool thing to have, I’m not sure it’s really worth all the time and hassle it could cause.

Personally, I’d be quite happy if it was a visual effect only (complete with marbles off line, of course ;) )

I'd ask you to be realistic and give it some thought when you vote, as we know the AC team watch the forum :)

I think is a must to have it.

Improve grip as the cars do more laps on the track, begining with practice, then qualy and finally get the faster track in the race, if in a multisession event.
And dry after rain not only related to time but also the exact place the cars race on the surface.

Oops, click the wrong radio button. My vote should go to "Visual and physical effect" instead of "Don't need it at all".

I am in love with the RealRoad feature in rF2 and it would be fantastic to see this in other next generation sims such as AC as well.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%