Dusty French Rally - Wed January 6, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Aaron Cloutier

What really makes me mad is that when I first joined Race Department it worked fine for the first 5 or 6 rallies. RBR is beginning to be synonymous with "Frustration" which is not what I want. I just have so little time to mess around with it now. If this happened a year ago I probably would have solved it already, but I'm just barely able to carve out time to race let alone troubleshoot :)...

whine whine whine...

I will get this thing licked though.

aaron cant imagine why your clock is an issue.

Try right click your little tiny PC clock/adjust date-time/change time zone/UTC +1:00 amsterdam etc.

Sure you already did this but thought I'd try to help a good man out!

Reagrding my first rally,

WTF did I get myself into here? I ran this after a FBMW race at Curitiba for 20 laps. Talk about changing driving styles on the fly! Not terribly familiar with the stages so I had a few tough moments which forced me to retire from a decent drive.

Last 2 stages I was sooo tired I couldn't even comprehend my co drivers notes. It just wasn't sinking in at all. Finally took a voluntary DNF on the finakl stage after 1/4 mile. Rain, cracked windscreen and fatigue go the best of me.

Ill be back! this was really cool!

Thanks for setting it up AARON!

Results on Warren's behalf

Dusty French Rally

Click to enlarge:
RallyResults.jpg

Thanks Cam.
A good event for the Aussies this time, a little experience helped us.
Well done to Damien for a close fought runner up and for his 6 stage wins, showing he was clearly the fastest but just had a couple of serious crashes.
Great to see Eric take the podium in his first Rally, well done mate. You will improve rapidly now with this one under your belt. Dariusz also pulled off a stage win, good stuff, another one who will benefit from the experience now.

Cam even managed one stage win despite struggling with a game setup problem that forced his retirement.

Thanks to those who joined this Rally, I hope we see more interest in future Rally's, or it's future here might be in doubt.

Thanks to Aaron for planning this Rally and making it quite a challenge.

Well well well at least I wasn't DFL on all the stages! Hey Warren you check out our times for SS8? diff= .5? WOW!

Looking forward to the next event! maybe I'll try to get som ereal practcie in before hand and possibly change the setup from default!

Til next time! Go get your car DIRTY!

Well well well at least I wasn't DFL on all the stages! Hey Warren you check out our times for SS8? diff= .5? WOW!

Yep, saw that Eric. You did quite well for your first Rally, this is probably the toughest form of motor racing, and RBR is a real challenge just to finish sometimes. You have to concentrate intently to your co-driver and trust him (well sometimes he stuffs you up but not often, lol).
This is one game where you are best not to go flatout all the time, it's about rhythm and car control. But, geez, when you finally nail a good stage and get it all correct, it feels soooo satisfying.

Look forward to seeing you out in the bush again, Eric, but not all Rally's will be DIRTY, you might find some white fluffy stuff on your car sometimes. :drool: One tip, don't try using those tarmac tyres on Snow stages.:ooh:

After a few months without RBR i felt a bit rusty and it shows lol
But man........ this game is just fantastic!!! In all those years no other rally game come even close to RBR. And the 2010 mod just put it on another level :)
Thats gives me even greater pain to put it away for another unspecified time :( :( :(
Would love to be rallying with you guys but work schedule allowes me only fridays or saturdays as race days :(
Anyhow, any thursday off which may have happen, i'll definitely be signing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back