Dust in your pc!

Here is few photos which might encourage many to clean up their computer, at least if they have pets and computer is on floor where pets like to roam.

Looking the rear is providing hints what there is going to be...
dustoff1.jpg

Fan at front really did not do much, it grows winter fur from looks of it...
dustoff2.jpg

Guilty one! (+ 4 others of them like, only three in total of them in this pic). They use pc as a step when they jump on to window to watch birds, which makes pc to have lot of fur in short time.
dustoff3.jpg

PSU is not much at all dusty, thanks to fan below it that takes all heavy stuff to itself, also CPU fan was almost dustless, it has own air intake at side so it is higher, now I did build ecofriendly computer stand from empty and cleaned cat food cans, those are great to have around for any building needs you may encounter, nice thin metal which is still enough good for drilling and cutting.
Anyway would need to do filters for computer at some point so that cleaning up would be bit easier. I did put metal wire net around to pc so that they can't anymore jump on top of it, it is not good for HDD either that cats are jumping on top of pc.

Despite the presence of 2 - 4 cats (do, my computer's never been too bad for dust. I think it's because it's in a slot like the one in this picture: http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/fu/furniture123-flair-computer-desk-431.jpg

But a while ago I noticed that the fans had a layer of dust stuck on them, so I took them out and scraped the dust off. It was mainly the chassis exit fan. After doing that, the air coming out of the back felt noticeably less warm, because dust absorbs heat.

A couple of months ago I used an electric blower (http://www.overclock.net/products/metro-vacuum-ed500-datavac-500-watt-0-75-hp-electric-duster) to clean out the dust from the harder to reach places, and I noticed quite a bit of dust escaping.

I have 3 outside dogs that come inside at night and they are walking dust bombs! My Rig is a HAF (high air flow) You can see it in the avatar by my head on the desk. It has huge fans and is a dust magnet.I clean it before any important race session.The main areas of dust collection are the power supply and the graphic card fan. The cooling tower on the CPU is the hair magnet. I use compressor and a special OSHA approved blow gun that has a very high volume but no local high psi. I hold the fan blades from spinning while blowing with a pen. I am toying with a idea of using a system like my furnace and pulling outside filtered air and blowing it back outside a sealed box with HAF inside.

I just checked my pc after reading through this, its been two months since I setup my new pc and it sits on the floor as its too big to sit in/on the computer table, so I was guessing that there was going to be some dust in my rig.
But low and behold nothing.................
my_pc_by_adepenguin-d4izhbz.jpg

Your going to have to excuse the mess and the tangled cables, I have not finnished with it yet, so there is more to add init, when I am done I will wrap all the cables up.

I have to be honest and say I am well impressed with this case, no dust whats so ever, and thats incredible as the house is pretty dusty as I live on a busy main road.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%