F1 2012 Dumb Q regarding setups

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I've been trolling the setups threads to get something outside of stock setups.... but does it matter which car you run? Like if someone posted a setup on a Marrusia can you just apply it if you're using McLaren? Or will it be totally off? No idea about this.

Probably not for the career game. Though you might want to try it as baseline if you wish.

For online racing then probably yes, the cars are meant to be 'equal', though they are said to based on the McLaren car. So a McLaren setup should work on all cars, and vice-versa.

Just be be clear ....

When I say "So a McLaren setup should work on all cars, and vice-versa."

I mean that if you have developed or copied an 'online' setup for a car, it should work for all cars in an 'equal car' race. Using an career setup for any car in an online race, might work for you or it might not.

The main difference you'll find when you use different cars with the same setups, is the gearing.
If you set up a Mclaren for, say China, and then use a Caterham with the Mclaren setup, then the car will be geared all wrong because it's not right for the Caterham.

Also, wings, they seem to have an effect, as each car has different down force levels.

But thats about it.

I really want this to be a feature in the 2013 game:
Increase the number of setup slots to 11 so you can make a bespoke setup for every car.

The main difference you'll find when you use different cars with the same setups, is the gearing.
If you set up a Mclaren for, say China, and then use a Caterham with the Mclaren setup, then the car will be geared all wrong because it's not right for the Caterham.

Also, wings, they seem to have an effect, as each car has different down force levels.

But thats about it.

I really want this to be a feature in the 2013 game:
Increase the number of setup slots to 11 so you can make a bespoke setup for every car.

I agree with this,
After racing for Redbull, my setups were pretty decent. When I switched to McLaren, the gearing was all out, as the cars gears are different (even in equal settings online)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back