1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

DualCore vs Core 2 Duo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Péter Bártfai, Jun 18, 2010.

1. I would like to know, what exactly (or how much in performance) the difference between a P4 DualCore 2,8Ghz, a Core 2 Duo 1,66Ghz (min. req. for Shift), and a Core 2 Duo 2,2Ghz processor (min. req. for TDU 2)

What I know is that Shift runs quite nice on my PC. I just wonder if I have to wait until my next PC upgrade (which can take a lot of time) for playing TDU 2 or I can play it a few months after the release already!:) (probably after Christmas)

2. P4 is the oldest generation/version of the dual core family....and so the slowest
    Core 2 Duo was (yep was) the next generation of dual core processor and is faster than the P4
    but I think for upgrade you will for sure go with the Core i7 (quad core processor)

3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

4. Thanks for the help! So the 1,66 isn't much faster then mine I guess, and that's why Shift is running fine. However the 2,2Ghz C2D is about 1,5x faster.

I think I'll wait and see what's coming out, maybe next year.

5. actually by xmas you will see the core i7 8xx series (which will be in price drop by that time ;))