• "It's not a 24 hour race. It's 24 one hour sprint races." - John Watson
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DualCore vs Core 2 Duo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Péter Bártfai, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    I would like to know, what exactly (or how much in performance) the difference between a P4 DualCore 2,8Ghz, a Core 2 Duo 1,66Ghz (min. req. for Shift), and a Core 2 Duo 2,2Ghz processor (min. req. for TDU 2)

What I know is that Shift runs quite nice on my PC. I just wonder if I have to wait until my next PC upgrade (which can take a lot of time) for playing TDU 2 or I can play it a few months after the release already!:) (probably after Christmas)

2. Christopher Aponte

Christopher Aponte
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    P4 is the oldest generation/version of the dual core family....and so the slowest
    Core 2 Duo was (yep was) the next generation of dual core processor and is faster than the P4
    but I think for upgrade you will for sure go with the Core i7 (quad core processor)

3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +967
  4. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    Thanks for the help! So the 1,66 isn't much faster then mine I guess, and that's why Shift is running fine. However the 2,2Ghz C2D is about 1,5x faster.

I think I'll wait and see what's coming out, maybe next year.

5. Christopher Aponte

Christopher Aponte
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    actually by xmas you will see the core i7 8xx series (which will be in price drop by that time ;))