1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

DTM @ Riverside - Sunday May 16th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, May 12, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USDTM

Track: Riverside

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:00 EDST / 18:00 WDST / 02:00GMT (Monday)

Practice: open server
    Qualification: 10mins (9:00 EST)
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x18 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. Riverside gets another visit from the club but this time we'll be slugging it out in the DTM class! This track has great rhythm and a nice long back straight for passing opportunities!

3. Entry List:

1. Philip Brown
    2. Eric Nelson
    3. Eric "MOMO" Dennis
    4. Tyler Scurlock
    5. Eric Estes
    6. driver
    7. driver
    8. driver
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. Yves Larose

4. Maybe try these again, thanks Eric

5. COUNT ME IN!!! I WILL BE THERE!!!

6. Never having run @Riverside, I just got in a little practice... what a great car/track combination!!:good:

7. Yeah We ran GT sports here last month I think and it was waaaaaaaaaaay fun! Glad ya like it!

8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i'm a maybe for this one, depend how the Habs game will go :wink:

9. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

just ran a few laps and its indeed a very nice car/track combo, c'mon guy's lets fill the grid :wink:

10. Yves the magic of the habs will continue! See you there tomorrow!:D

11. Man I just ran a test here and this is really not very exciting. You cannot adjust the ratios in the transmission and therefore the cars are maxed out halfway down the straight.

Sorry about the crummy job on this one. I hadn;t tested this first and am a little embarrased this one just is weak on the driving side.

WOuld you guys object to either V8 Supercars or Radicals instead?

The track is great but these cars are just made for something a little tighter with more corners.

12. I think the supercars may have the same issue w/the fixed gearboxes.

I'm up for Radicals, of course.

13. There are 4 diff gear options for the V8 supercars though so you can just run the higher rea gear and make the car go faster.

14. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

I'm going to try to make it. The V8's would be awesome.

16. you can;t adjust the ratios in the transmission Philip. OR do you guys have some add on patch I don't know about? I am topping out at 160MPH before the bridge...........

17. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Eric, the DTM mod have the same kind of default setup with final gear ration as the V8 supercars, the test i ran last night i was fine and not hitting the rev limiter at all, here's a link to get the default setup in case you don't have them http://www.filefront.com/16460651/Default_Setups.7z

18. Yes... what Yves said...the FVR DTM mod came with instructions and setups to cover a whole range of ratios.

19. I'm using the 1.217 ratio and topping out at about 178 at entry to the gentle left that scrubs maybe 2 mph off the car. Wing is, I suppose, a little high at 10 (brought down from 19 default). If this is a typical track, my times in the mid 1:12's should mean you all are capable at 1:08's at least. (gap seems to be about 4 seconds regardless of length-of-lap)

(2007 Audi - tried the one higher ratio, 1.285, but actually had slightly lower speeds and didn't like 4th as well for turning the final corner)

20. LOL ok then boys its business as usual! Ya know, this is just more proof that being on the RD staff is no guarantee of intelligence in my case........

BTW who was the fool who "elected" me to this ofice anyway? HE HE HE

EDIT: wow tons of gearing options now!