FM4 DTM North America Cup S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
With the success of the Classic Touring Cars Cup quite a few of us are looking forward to the next touring cars championship- and I'm aiming not to disappoint! We've all agreed that for the next season we are going to be graduating from our beloved Classic Touring Cars to DTM cars for the series spec as they are brilliant and fast cars to drive, not to mention that they give us great opportunities for equalisation and good close racing. With all this in mind, I present to you the DTM North America Cup!

Details are still being hammered out for the series and we are having a test event on Monday the 2nd of Jan which you can join at DTM Test Event @ Hockenheimring GP - Monday 2nd January. There are some things we need to start working on to get ourselves sorted to start though.

Teams

First thing is it was put forward that the next series should be a team series with team liveries. I like this idea as it makes it feel like a proper race series, but I'm crap at liveries! Soooooo... Is there anyone out there who fancies making some team liveries for the series? I reckon there will probably be 1 team each (at most) for the Audi TT-R and the Opel, and the rest of the grid will probably be Mercs and A4's, so we'll need three liveries each for those assuming we have a full grid.

Do we want to have our personal numbers on the cars or do we want to go F1 style with numbers based on our previous season's standing? Last point on teams is I am inclined to split the grid in to two groups with the top half in an A pot and the bottom half in a B pot and teams would have to be comprised of one driver from each pot, this way we don't end up with a McLaren Prost/Senna situation. What are everyone's thoughts on the above and whether teams should be assigned or people should be able to pick?

Races

Regarding races... (oh yeah, that part's important too isn't it?) I like the idea of running longer proper races with a qualifying session and then a high lap-count event, with a couple of 2x sprint events sprinkled in for good measure. My thoughts are to run a different points system on the two types of events so that the two sprint races roughly equal the total points of a proper length race. I'm hoping to make the longer races long enough to require people to have to make a pitstop without putting mandatory stops in the rules (having to use strategy is fun). Do people know how long that needs to be? Would we be in that range if we are racing 30 laps or do we need more?

Equalisation / Ballast

In the test event we are going to test a group ballast system for use in the upcoming series. The ballast system we are testing is going to be based on overall ability as opposed to race results. We are testing the use of the engine restrictor part in the upgrade shop that is available in 3 different levels of performance at equal levels for each of the cars available on the grid. The grid will be split in to 3 groups, A being fastest and B and C being slower. A group will be using the stock car with a max PI of 834 (depending on model), B group will use the stage 1 restrictor part on their cars with a max PI of 853, and C group will use a stage 2 restrictor with a (model dependant) max PI of 873. Under testing the different stage restrictors should produce a difference of .5 to 1 sec difference in lap time, and we're hoping to this system doesn't necessarily handicap the good drivers but brings the racing closer together.

I know this all might be a lot to digest but it will all work out- trust me! Let's have a show of the interest in the upcoming DTMNAC and people's thoughts on the above ideas. Any other suggestions for the series are welcome as well.

Right Gents!

First off, thanks to everyone who participated in the test event last night! I think it was a resounding success. I'm going to go ahead and start putting together a calendar and the final rules for the official signup. Just FYI I'm planning to run this event on Monday nights just like the old Classic Touring Cars were.

Will get some more info up for this shortly!

PS.- Glad to see that everyone was able to connect alright last night despite hosting from my 6Mbps adsl as opposed to Gary's massive pipe!

Sounds good to me. I've got my livery sorted out today. Not the best quality photos I'm afraid.
6629330489_0fc82b2344_z.jpg

6629331075_b33db5d77e_z.jpg

6629331701_0950ea085c_z.jpg

Quick bonus picture, just because the opportunity arose!

6629394001_80c83ef0fc_z.jpg

Can you guys post pictures of your liveries?

If we can come up with enough of our own designs that look god to cover all the teams (remember two people will be racing with each set of colours) than we can move forward.

Can you guys post pictures of your liveries?

If we can come up with enough of our own designs that look god to cover all the teams (remember two people will be racing with each set of colours) than we can move forward.

If teams are in same cars how soon will we know what we are to drive Tom? Team allocation or whatever it's called!?
I'll crack on with a livery then or be happy to go wit a variant of my teammates.

Actually thats probably a good idea Wayne, Ill no doubt get frustrated that I cant get anything near as good as I want, and wil just give up with the painting.

Think I will wait and see what happens with teams and end up buying a livery!

These look good guys. Are they made using all unlocked components? Also can everyone please list their preferred car. I'm going to assign teams but try and accommodate everyone's first preference for car as much as possible.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%