AC DTM @ Nordschleife - Thu 19 Mar 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The race was my best race so far here. I didn't start really well, as usual, and in the first long straight there was this big crash in front of me, I almost avoided, but not completely. My car was ok, and I could go on. I had a great race vs. Andy and Adria and in the end I avoided serious damages and finished the race. Great race everybody and thanks to Akis to organizing the event. The track and these cars are fantastic, by the way, thanks to Assetto as well ;).

Last edited:
Thanks for the race guys, had much fun out there on the track.
Start was horrible as always lately, if not for the rolling start confusion I probably would've lost some places. One slight contact going side by side in the first lap, can't remember who it was right now, but by the looks of it nothing happened. Slowly climbing up the field then, mainly thanks to keeping the car on track all the time. More than happy with 2nd in the end, certainly did not see that coming. Best race so far, result- and fun-wise. :thumbsup::)

Reactions: Si
I was surprised with qualifying first, I was watching Geofs lap though and saw he made a mistake so I knew he'd be faster during the race. I had a great start to the race, had a great battle with Geoff, even getting some side by side action, but I put half a rear wheel on the grass coming out of the first corner and spun the car on the 3rd lap, I knew at that stage Geof would be gone, he was faster so my only hope was to keep up and pressure him. After that I just wanted a clean race to the end and try and maintain 2nd.

However on about lap 4 my fanatec CSR brakes became super sensitive. Any light touch ended in full brake lock, it seems to have added about 5 seconds to my lap. Pretty disappointed with Fanatec, the pedals are only a few months old. I didn't get to put in much practice because my fanatec wheel was off by four degrees and I had to quit out to find a way of resetting it.

I was pretty happy with myself, I only had two errors of my own doing, the rest where all Fanatecs fault.

I was surprised with qualifying first, I was watching Geofs lap though and saw he made a mistake so I knew he'd be faster during the race. I had a great start to the race, had a great battle with Geoff, even getting some side by side action, but I put half a rear wheel on the grass coming out of the first corner and spun the car on the 3rd lap, I knew at that stage Geof would be gone, he was faster so my only hope was to keep up and pressure him. After that I just wanted a clean race to the end and try and maintain 2nd.

However on about lap 4 my fanatec CSR brakes became super sensitive. Any light touch ended in full brake lock, it seems to have added about 5 seconds to my lap. Pretty disappointed with Fanatec, the pedals are only a few months old. I didn't get to put in much practice because my fanatec wheel was off by four degrees and I had to quit out to find a way of resetting it.

I was pretty happy with myself, I only had two errors of my own doing, the rest where all Fanatecs fault.

At least you can change the sensitivity like that on your wheel, if mine goes a few percentage out it stays there and i have to make alterations to the way i drive, that's what i get for using an Xbox 360 wheel though, last night i think was the longest that wheel has done in one stint and this morning it feels loose as hell, pedals are tight and in need of a good greasing......
In other words that almost killed my ability to race :p

@Geof ya, the first two laps were great while they lasted. I'll have to try that setup, I was awful slow in a straight line.

From the outside replays look great, but at the time I felt like a messed up every second corner.

I guess yesterday just wasnt my lucky day. -heavy rain started just when i got out with my scooter and then a magestic bsod just when i was comfortable driving-

I thought that after 5hours occt linpack and 1hr occt large data,ram testing and heaven gpu stress test,my o/c settings were solid.But my pc decided otherwise.So i got a bsod on lap 5 after a great and challenging start.

Great job to all the guys that finished and i must confess that after i managed to find the flow with the car and track this combo felt amazing.Im looking forward to the next DTM 90ies race.

My first online-event with AC.
Felt good during practice but messed it all up on quali, misjudged braking into adenauer forst twice(!), thus no time.
When the race started all sounds disappeared, I could only hear my own car. That made it rather difficult to race, then I eventually got collected in the accident at kottenborn, restarted from the pits and spun out at brünnchen.
._.
After that I sadly decided to DNF.
I'll have to look up the sound-issue and then I'm more than happy to partake in some more DTM-races in AC here! :)

Last edited:
I'll have to look up the sound-issue and then I'm more than happy to partake in some more DTM-races in AC here! :)
I had some sound issues too, it wasn't too bad, it just lost the base sounds. I've had sound completely fail on me when it moved onto the race. It is next to impossible to drive without sound if you use the engine sound as a cue to change gear..

Those are the only two times it's happened to me though, it seems pretty random.

@Magnus Dahlgren and @Turk , I'm glad that you bring it to the conversation because me and my fish memory wanted to report it!
As you said, I lost all the sound but the motor one, kerbs and slip. But no wind or other cars neither reverbs...
Obviously more disturbing than penalizing.

My sound problem wasn't that severe, I almost second guessed myself that it was different. It just seemed to be that the volume reduced and the sound had no bass. It wasn't really enough to get in the way of my driving.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back